Does anyone use the Club Class?

Old January 29th 10, 07:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
delboy

Default Does anyone use the Club Class?

On 29 Jan, 15:47, "kirk.stant" wrote:
On Jan 28, 5:28*pm, delboy wrote:

On 28 Jan, 18:40, glider12321 wrote:

*US..isolationist?-

In general yes, except when we would prefer that they stay out of
things, e.g. invasions of Iraq and Afghanistan, and taking over
Manchester United Football (Soccer) and Cadbury's chocolate in the UK.

I understand that only about 25% of US Citizens even hold passports!

Derek Copeland

Since holding a passport is not a requirement to be a US Citizen, that
really doesn't mean much!

Kirk

It does if they ever want to see what the rest of the World is like!

Derek Copeland
Old January 29th 10, 08:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Taylor

On Jan 28, 5:28*pm, delboy wrote:

On 28 Jan, 18:40, glider12321 wrote:

*US..isolationist?-

In general yes, except when we would prefer that they stay out of
things, e.g. invasions of Iraq and Afghanistan, and taking over
Manchester United Football (Soccer) and Cadbury's chocolate in the UK..

I understand that only about 25% of US Citizens even hold passports!

Derek Copeland

Since holding a passport is not a requirement to be a US Citizen, that
really doesn't mean much!

Kirk

It does if they ever want to see what the rest of the World is like!

Derek Copeland

Derek,

Until last year US citizens did not need a passport to travel to
Canada and Mexico so they could travel the equivalent of Portugal to
Moscow and from Norway to South Africa without a passport.

You will find most US pilots have traveled extensively so trying to
make your point about how provincial the US is showing how ignorant
you are.
Old January 29th 10, 09:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
delboy

On Jan 28, 5:28*pm, delboy wrote:

[...]

I think the fact that 50.001% of the US population could have voted
for that dangerous idiot George 'Dubya' Bush proves how ignorant they
are! And it would seem that 75% of US citizens have never left the
North American continent from what you say. Glider pilots may be a bit
more adventurous.

Apart from entering and leaving the UK and Ireland, most EC Citizens
can travel freely thoughout Europe. I haven't been stopped at a
continental border for years.

Derek Copeland

Old January 30th 10, 12:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Morgans[_2_]

"delboy" wrote

I understand that only about 25% of US Citizens even hold passports!

Poor choice to measure with. In a country as large as the USA, you can
travel within it for a lifetime and never see it all.
--
Jim in NC

Old January 30th 10, 01:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony V

Apart from entering and leaving the UK and Ireland, most EC Citizens
can travel freely thoughout Europe. I haven't been stopped at a
continental border for years.

Derek Copeland

Food Fight!!!! :-)

Tony
(Who is old enough to remember going through customs going from Holland
to Belgium - and having a Dutch passport actually helped)
Old January 30th 10, 01:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
glider12321

On Jan 28, 5:28*pm, delboy wrote:

[...]

Derek Copeland- Hide quoted text -

I've travelled throughout Europe and Asia, South America etc and loved
every minute of it. People are basically the same everywhere. But one
thing that I always noticed when travelling and trying to get some
idea of the "locals" and their lives is that 90% of them have never
been to the US and most have never been more than 1000km from home in
their entire lives. Provincial is as provincial does, Derek. It’s
universal. Maybe you should spend a year travelling the USA and see
for yourself. We would love to show you around!
Old January 30th 10, 05:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
delboy

On Jan 28, 5:28*pm, delboy wrote:

[...]

for yourself. We would love to show you around!- Hide quoted text -

I'd love to, but I would be too frightened of getting sick or injured
in a country that has no European type health care provision. I was
amazed when I read about all the opposition to President Obama's
health care reforms, especially from the Republicans.

Please don't believe all the media scare stories about the UK NHS that
the Republicans like to quote. I have had 3 stays in hospital without
catching anything I didn't have already, and I had the best of
treatment. It also only costs about a third per capita than the US
insurance based (if you can afford it) system, which mainly seems to
support the Insurance companies and lawyers.

Derek Copeland

Old January 30th 10, 07:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob

On Jan 28, 5:28*pm, delboy wrote:

[...]

Nad now back to our regular programming...Please
Old January 31st 10, 07:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS

And now back to our regular programming...Please

Club class limericks?

There once was a pilot named Taylor
Who's Cirrus was stuck in the trailer
He gave it a tug
It fell with a thud
And his day at the race was a failure
Old January 31st 10, 05:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
T8

On Jan 31, 2:23*am, JS wrote:
And now back to our regular programming...Please

Club class limericks?

There once was a pilot named Taylor
Who's Cirrus was stuck in the trailer
He gave it a tug
It fell with a thud
And his day at the race was a failure

Outstanding!

-T8

Club class/Sports class Sam Giltner[_1_] Soaring 7 September 28th 08 12:17 AM
Club Class vs. Sports Class noel.wade Soaring 28 September 25th 08 02:52 AM
SPORTS CLASS/CLUB CLASS 5 ugly Soaring 0 July 2nd 06 11:14 PM
Does USA need a Club Class? MC Soaring 42 April 7th 05 08:07 PM
UK Open Class and Club Class Nationals - Lasham Steve Dutton Soaring 0 August 6th 03 10:07 PM