Need tail wheel assembly

Old July 25th 18, 01:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
MNLou

Default Need tail wheel assembly

I need to replace the entire pneumatic tail wheel unit on my 2006 LAK17AT - bearings, rim, tube, and tire.

Does anyone have a source they could recommend?

Thanks in advance!

Lou - cross posted from the LAK17 Yahoo Group
Old July 25th 18, 04:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS[_5_]

On Tuesday, July 24, 2018 at 5:49:46 PM UTC-7, MNLou wrote:
I need to replace the entire pneumatic tail wheel unit on my 2006 LAK17AT - bearings, rim, tube, and tire.

Does anyone have a source they could recommend?

Thanks in advance!

Lou - cross posted from the LAK17 Yahoo Group

If it's a common size, call Wings And Wheels.
Also consider your W+B while doing this, now might be the time to use the brass tailwheel option should you wish to move C/G aft.
Jim
Old July 25th 18, 08:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Tuesday, July 24, 2018 at 7:49:46 PM UTC-5, MNLou wrote:
I need to replace the entire pneumatic tail wheel unit on my 2006 LAK17AT - bearings, rim, tube, and tire.

Does anyone have a source they could recommend?

Thanks in advance!

Lou - cross posted from the LAK17 Yahoo Group

Now, how did you destroy the entire wheel, Lou? There got to be story behind your question. Come on, entertain us, please.
Old July 25th 18, 09:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Wednesday, July 25, 2018 at 3:42:46 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Tuesday, July 24, 2018 at 7:49:46 PM UTC-5, MNLou wrote:
I need to replace the entire pneumatic tail wheel unit on my 2006 LAK17AT - bearings, rim, tube, and tire.

Does anyone have a source they could recommend?

Thanks in advance!

Lou - cross posted from the LAK17 Yahoo Group

Now, how did you destroy the entire wheel, Lou? There got to be story behind your question. Come on, entertain us, please.

Some LAK's use a tail wheel that is like a small wheel chair wheel. One I had to replace was plastic and not at all durable.
FWIW
UH
Old July 25th 18, 10:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Kuykendall

The ones in the HP-24 kits come from Monster Scooter Supply; they're the standard 200x50 Razor scooter front wheel. We haven't had any trouble with them.

--Bob K.
Old July 26th 18, 03:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
WB

On Tuesday, July 24, 2018 at 7:49:46 PM UTC-5, MNLou wrote:
I need to replace the entire pneumatic tail wheel unit on my 2006 LAK17AT - bearings, rim, tube, and tire.

Does anyone have a source they could recommend?

Thanks in advance!

Lou - cross posted from the LAK17 Yahoo Group

I have had good results searching for tailwheels for gliders at wheel chair parts sites. Google "wheelchair front caster". My favorite supplier "MobilityDirect" appears to have gone away, unfortunately. http://www.wheelchairparts.net may be a good place to start.
Old July 26th 18, 04:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
AS

I have had good results searching for tailwheels for gliders at wheel chair parts sites. Google "wheelchair front caster". My favorite supplier "MobilityDirect" appears to have gone away, unfortunately. http://www.wheelchairparts.net may be a good place to start.

That's the place I got a new tail-wheel tire for my Libelle, which was white and an odd size. They seemed to have a good selection.

Uli
'AS'
Old July 26th 18, 06:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Agnew

https://fbw-flugzeugbau.de/parts-for...c8q c6ejlkk57

Lak not listed specifically, but does it look like one of these?

Paul A.
ASW19