Russian Air Force Woes - Time to start again?

Old February 20th 04, 12:36 PM
Urban Fredriksson

In article ,
WaltBJ wrote:

40 hours a year?

Looks like the average guy gets about 3 one hour (plus a few minutes)
flights per month.

I don't think so. Compare with the unit where 50% fly once
per year and the average is 7-8 h/year.

To me, this indicates that there is no meaningful average
number. 1/3:rd fly 120 h/year and 2/3 don't is probably
closer to the truth. Don't know about 2003, but in 2001
that's very much how it was.
--
Urban Fredriksson http://www.canit.se/%7Egriffon/
1) What is happening will continue to happen
Old February 21st 04, 02:10 AM
Peter Kemp

On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 23:08:04 +0200, "Yama"
wrote:

"Keith Willshaw" wrote in message
"Yama" wrote in message
Again, do you seriously think that British Army and Royal Marines could

have
taken Argentinian army on their mainland?

Again NO ,

Why not? I thought they were much more effective than ill-trained Argentinan
military?

Are you trying to be obtuse? The RN in 1982 (and now), does not have
the amphibious transports to land a divisional sized force in fighting
order on a hostile shore. The fighting has nothing to do with it, it's
the getting there.

If on the other hand 1Div had magically arrived in Argentina, then
they probably would have done pretty damn well against the Argentine
forces.
Chieftains (probably one of the two best tanks in the world in 1982),
supported by TOW armed Lynxes, who had been training to fight the best
Soviet Guards armies versus what the Argentines would be likely to
have at the time (I'm afraid Google let me down on the OOB in 1982
except for the forces sent to the Falklands). It'd be slaughter.

Can anyone help out with the OOB for 1982 in Argentina (and the UK
come to that)?

Peter Kemp

bush rules! Be Kind Military Aviation 53 February 14th 04 04:26 PM
RV-7a baggage area David Smith Home Built 32 December 15th 03 04:08 AM