Tornado Turbo Alley - turbonormalized Cardinal

Old March 26th 05, 01:08 PM
Paul

Default Tornado Turbo Alley - turbonormalized Cardinal

I'm thinking to install such an STC on my Cardinal 200 hp engine.
http://www.taturbo.com/frames.html

Anyone who had experienced it ?

Is it valuable ?

Any comments ?

Thank you

--

Paul

Old March 26th 05, 07:46 PM
Matt Barrow

"Paul" wrote in message
.. .
I'm thinking to install such an STC on my Cardinal 200 hp engine.
http://www.taturbo.com/frames.html

Anyone who had experienced it ?

I have a TAT system in my B36TC (got rid of the 520 and went to a TN 550)
and it's wonderful.

Is it valuable ?

Quite so. The benfits of a turbo without the problems of inflating a smaller
displacement engine to get more power at altitude.

Any comments ?

Don't do it unless your REALLY need high altitude performance and are
willing to endure the cost of a turbo versus a normally aspirated. If you're
going to fly at 5000-800 feet anyway, it's wasted. If your regularly have to
go to 10-12-14,000 feet or more, or have to take off high and hot it's
unbeatable.

--
Matt
---------------------

Old March 26th 05, 07:48 PM
Matt Barrow

"Matt Barrow" wrote in message

"Paul" wrote in message
.. .
I'm thinking to install such an STC on my Cardinal 200 hp engine.
http://www.taturbo.com/frames.html

Anyone who had experienced it ?

I have a TAT system in my B36TC (got rid of the 520 and went to a TN 550)
and it's wonderful.

Is it valuable ?

Quite so. The benfits of a turbo without the problems of inflating a

smaller
displacement engine to get more power at altitude.

Any comments ?

Don't do it unless your REALLY need high altitude performance and are
willing to endure the cost of a turbo versus a normally aspirated. If

you're
going to fly at 5000-800 feet anyway, it's wasted. If your regularly have

go to 10-12-14,000 feet or more, or have to take off high and hot it's
unbeatable.

I might add that you should get a GOOD oxygen system, and become familiar
with the physiological aspect of high altitude flight, both for yourself and
your passengers.

--
Matt
---------------------

Old March 26th 05, 11:41 PM
Jon A.

The Bonanza guys really like it, and it's a $50K mod! They didn't
give a price for the Cardinal.

Old March 27th 05, 03:33 PM
Jack Allison

Paul - it might be worth joining the Cardinal Flyers Online as they have
a ton of Cardinal info. on their site. IIRC, there's even some detailed
pages talking about the turbo installation. Membership is around $40/yr
and there's an absolute ton of great info. They maintain an e-mail
digest as well. You can join the e-mail digest and submit questions for
free.

http://www.cardinalflyers.com/l.cgi?...p/cardownr.htm

--
Jack Allison