Uninstalling SeeYou (desktop)

Old January 17th 11, 11:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Darryl Ramm

Default Uninstalling SeeYou (desktop)

On Jan 17, 2:48*pm, pp2076 wrote:
Incorrect I'm afraid
See you does support raster maps, satellite or otherwise.
The only issue is the calibration of the map

On Nov 24 2010, 6:04*pm, Darryl Ramm wrote:

On Nov 23, 10:33*pm, sisu1a wrote:

those files if you proceed - which is what you should want. Did you
actually run the install and see what happens?

I've run it and wind up with the same install, which I'm pretty sure
has some hiccups in the Mobile Wizard. Specifically, I'm trying to
upload satellite maps with no luck. My airspace and waypoint files
load no problem, but none of the sat maps are going through the Mobile
Wizard. I can find the .cmr files inSeeYouunder ToolsRaster Maps,
so they are making it intoSeeYouwhen I run the cmr.exe.

I've also run pcsetup, which at least gives me access to re-register
SeeYouonce I run it, but the new key I have wont unlock it, so I used
my old key but have the same issues.

I'm suspect of mySeeYouinstallation so was hoping to wipe clean and
start fresh. I've tried Add/Remove programs, deleting/uninstalling it
from C:\discProgram Files and then manually removing it from the
registry, rebooted and searched every nook and cranny without finding
a trace of it before proceeding. I run wcsetup and bam! all
application data is still there... *ugggh, *I fought with it all day.
It won, seeing as I'm too tired to wield the sawsall at the moment,
but the PNA now seems happy at least. :|

-Paul

Paul

I will try to break this to you gently..... :-)

*SEEYOUMOBILE DOES NOT SUPPORT SATELLITE RASTER MAPS!!

This could have been much easier if you had started by describing the
original problem you were trying to solve!

BTW the .cit and .cmr etc. data file installed inSeeYouusually live
in folders under Program Files\Naviter\SeeYouand the ones "installed"
intoSeeYouare listed in the registry. I'm not sure exactly what you
were doing when things were getting confused. But hopefully everything
is working or will after a clean install.

Darryl- Hide quoted text -

SeeYou does support raster maps vs. SeeYou Mobile which does not. If
you had read the whole thread what product was being discussed was
extremely clear.

Darryl
Old January 18th 11, 12:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
pp2076

yes my mistake: I realised as soon as I pressed send ...
On Jan 18, 10:23*am, Darryl Ramm wrote:

[...]

SeeYou and OLC Greg Arnold[_3_] Soaring 3 April 27th 10 12:42 AM
SeeYou Desktop Software - Runs on Vista 64-bit? V1 Soaring 4 December 18th 08 02:06 PM
SeeYou and OLC Doug Haluza Soaring 0 April 20th 07 11:14 PM
Where is SeeYou help? [email protected] Soaring 1 November 22nd 06 11:19 PM
Seeyou NMEA to Winpilot/Seeyou Jean Soaring 4 June 3rd 06 11:38 AM