We Are All Spaniards

Old March 13th 04, 07:47 PM
Jay Honeck

Default We Are All Spaniards

We are all Spaniards today.

As a percentage of Spanish population, the horrendous terrorist attack on
Madrid has now actually injured and killed more people than the World Trade
Center attacks did to America in 2001.

Terrorism must be stopped, whatever the cost. Whether it was Basque
separatists or Muslim extremists is irrelevant -- the animals who take
pleasure in this kind of carnage must be hunted down and killed.

I have searched in vain to determine how many airplane pilots are in Spain,
but I'm sure there must be at least one of you lurking on this newsgroup
today. Rest assured that all Americans stand with you, that we will
remember our allies, and that we will help you find the swine who
perpetrated this atrocity.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old March 13th 04, 08:54 PM
Martin Hotze

On Sat, 13 Mar 2004 19:47:47 GMT, Jay Honeck wrote:

Terrorism must be stopped, whatever the cost.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

OK. First you surrender your pilot certificate, next your plane will be
confiscated. Eehh. It's for security, for the homeland. Then we will make
plans for the Hotel. What about a camp?

Whether it was Basque
separatists or Muslim extremists is irrelevant -- the animals who take
pleasure in this kind of carnage must be hunted down

true.

and killed.

(...) Rest assured that all Americans stand with you, that we will
remember our allies,

what if it happened in Germany? They didn't agree with the invasi^err
liberation of Iraq and have not signed this ominous letter to the leader of
the western world.

and that we will help you find the swine who
perpetrated this atrocity.

ah well. I just jumped on another OT post. sorry.
(And BTW you are not spaniard. Your roots are in central Europe, most
likely in Germany.)

#m

--
A far-reaching proposal from the FBI (...) would require all broadband
Internet providers, including cable modem and DSL companies, to rewire
Old March 13th 04, 09:06 PM
Jay Honeck

Terrorism must be stopped, whatever the cost.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
OK. First you surrender your pilot certificate, next your plane will be
confiscated. Eehh. It's for security, for the homeland. Then we will make
plans for the Hotel. What about a camp?

I was referring to financial costs, not personal freedoms.

(...) Rest assured that all Americans stand with you, that we will
remember our allies,

what if it happened in Germany? They didn't agree with the invasi^err
liberation of Iraq and have not signed this ominous letter to the leader

of
the western world.

I suspect such an attack on Berlin would so shock the German people that
they would realize their misjudgment regarding the war on terrorism. In
the end, we would support them as allies.

ah well. I just jumped on another OT post. sorry.
(And BTW you are not spaniard. Your roots are in central Europe, most
likely in Germany.)

Symbolism and metaphor escape you yet again. Keep working on it -- you'll
get it sooner or later.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old March 13th 04, 09:37 PM
Teacherjh

( "whatever the cost"
I was referring to financial costs, not personal freedoms.

There is a point at which financial costs become limits on personal freedoms.
Perhaps not for you, but for many. And then, soon, even for you.

Jose

Old March 13th 04, 10:30 PM
Jay Honeck

There is a point at which financial costs become limits on personal
freedoms.
Perhaps not for you, but for many. And then, soon, even for you.

So, your alternatives are...what? Declare victory and come home? Give the
terrorists what they want? (Whatever that is?)

It was this kind of thinking that gave the world Hitler, Tojo, Stalin, Mao,
Pol Pot, Idi Amin, Saddam...

We need to close ranks on the issue of terrorism, both nationally and
internationally, or the terrorists have already won.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old March 14th 04, 12:01 AM
S Green

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
There is a point at which financial costs become limits on personal

freedoms.
Perhaps not for you, but for many. And then, soon, even for you.

So, your alternatives are...what? Declare victory and come home? Give

the
terrorists what they want? (Whatever that is?)

It was this kind of thinking that gave the world Hitler, Tojo, Stalin,

Mao,
Pol Pot, Idi Amin, Saddam...

We need to close ranks on the issue of terrorism, both nationally and
internationally, or the terrorists have already won.

Like the closing in of the ranks against Irish terrorism? Americans were the
biggest funders of the Irish terrorists along with Col Gadaffi.

Old March 14th 04, 04:39 AM
Teacherjh

So, your alternatives are...what?

Realistially? None.

We need good surveillance, but in such a way that it is not easy enough (and
won't become easy enough) to simply watch everyone, lest we start to gather up
drug lords, child molesters, nudists, litterbugs, journalists, and athiests in
the same net, to be fed to the next administration, whose beliefs may differ
from present ones.

We need good defenses, but not so good that it takes longer to get on the
subway than it does to walk the length of Manhattan.

We need the freedom to fly where we want, but it must be impossible to fly over
a train in a 150 and drop ordnance on the lead car, in sync with fifty other
150s (and a manly Tomahawk up in Alaska).

We need to keep an eye on our neighbors, for anything unusual, but at the same
time keep their beady eyes out of our own living rooms, bedrooms, and studies.
We need to be able to borrow books out of the library without fearing that our
reading habits will become known to the government, the insurance company, the
bank, and the medical profession.

And we need to actually have the time to do all of these things after working
another sixteen hour day, fifteen hours of which go to pay the taxes for having
two hundred million people try to find sixteen who have blended in with our
society for twenty years and who, when they receive a cell phone call, are
ready for their seventy nine virgins.

In short, we must find a number that is both greater than six and less than
four.

IT is not sufficient to find a number that is greater than four and less than
six. That's what we have now, and is why we are dealing with TFRs that cover
thousands of cubic miles and don't do squat.

Think of it this way. You are being attacked. You have a gun. What do you do
with it? Shoot the attacker? (Oh, the attacker is a bacterium and it's been
multplying in your system for a while now)

Jose

Old March 14th 04, 11:40 AM
Martin Hotze

On Sat, 13 Mar 2004 21:06:18 GMT, Jay Honeck wrote:

Terrorism must be stopped, whatever the cost.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
OK. First you surrender your pilot certificate, next your plane will be
confiscated. Eehh. It's for security, for the homeland. Then we will make
plans for the Hotel. What about a camp?

I was referring to financial costs, not personal freedoms.

oh. so you was unclear.
then: 40% tax on avgas and 50% tax on lodging. The money will be spent on
security measures. You then must wear a special GPS device (you have to buy
it) so that you can be tracked down. You must also have an ID card with
biometrical data stored. Any problems with that? Sure not. It is for
security and for the homeland.

I suspect such an attack on Berlin would so shock the German people that
they would realize their misjudgment regarding the war on terrorism.

*hehe* I see, you don't read much on foreign politics.
German politicans try to impose many "security measures" in the name of war
against terrorism. Glad we have some people here trying to fight against
most of the stupid actions they take.

#m

Old March 22nd 04, 04:28 PM
Rob Perkins

Martin Hotze wrote:

ah well. I just jumped on another OT post. sorry.
(And BTW you are not spaniard. Your roots are in central Europe, most
likely in Germany.)

***sigh***

I know I'm jumping in late. But this is exactly the kind of thing
which makes it so very difficult for Europe to ever be a totally
united place.

Rob
Old March 13th 04, 09:08 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
newszJ4c.6689$_w.233787@attbi_s53...

We are all Spaniards today.

As a percentage of Spanish population, the horrendous terrorist
attack on Madrid has now actually injured and killed more people than
the World Trade Center attacks did to America in 2001.

Terrorism must be stopped, whatever the cost. Whether it was Basque
separatists or Muslim extremists is irrelevant -- the animals who take
pleasure in this kind of carnage must be hunted down and killed.

I have searched in vain to determine how many airplane pilots are
in Spain, but I'm sure there must be at least one of you lurking on this
newsgroup today. Rest assured that all Americans stand with you,
that we will remember our allies, and that we will help you find the
swine who perpetrated this atrocity.

Terrorism must be stopped, whatever the cost? Oh, I don't think so. Some
prices are just too high. If stopping terrorism means surrendering freedom
the price is too high.