Kennedy gets his own TFR

Old May 29th 08, 03:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Kennedy gets his own TFR

On May 26, 8:20 pm, Tina wrote:

As I wrote before, I don't like this man, but this kind of perq is
pretty minor for someone with his influence. It may be one of the last
times he sales this course.

I don't remember, but was anyone in this newsgroup upset that Senator
John Glenn got to ride in one of the shuttles for some 'scientific'
reason after he left the senate? It was, of course, made up science.

While some may complain about the cost of such a trip for Glenn, I
probably won't. John Glenn is nearly unique in his background. But
other than some tax money, his trip affected no one.
Ted Kennedy is one of many hundreds of Senators past and present. A
TFR affects many people, mostly in a negative vein. He does not
warrant that as a senator. If he did, so do the other senators. And
if we had a TFR for all of them, we could pretty much shut the country
down.

Tina wrote"
This TFR probably was intended to protect the Figawi (I am NOT joking
about the name) race, goes from one of the islands to Hyannis. The
Boston Globe wrote

Were TFRs issued for the previous races? I don't know. If not, then
the TFR was for Kennedy. If they were, then this discussion is moot.
8)
Old May 29th 08, 12:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

Default Woof!

"Maxwell" luv2^fly99@cox.^net wrote in newswm%j.52$kR5.18
@newsfe24.lga:

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
.. .

But you just said I wasn't funny in any way , k00kie boi..

Mx has many of the same problems, but expresses them in other ways.

Uh yeh...

Bertie

Lame, D-.

Nope. Just went over your pointy head.

Bertie
Old May 29th 08, 12:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

Default Bertie, what is a fish?

"Maxwell" luv2^fly99@cox.^net wrote in news:iFm%j.67$kR5.18
@newsfe24.lga:

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
.. .

That's a drunken fat fingered dyslexics idea of a post.

Excellent.

Bertie

C+

Everything i post i beyond measurement. It's all Zen..

Fjukkwit.

Bertie
Old May 29th 08, 12:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

Default Poast Trimming: SERIOUS BUSINESS

"Maxwell" luv2^fly99@cox.^net wrote in news:_Fm%j.68$kR5.5
@newsfe24.lga:

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
.. .

And raising the noise level is your top priority.

Why would I bother doing that when I can get k00ks to do it for me?

Bertie

Fantasy again, same day. F, zero, nada.

God I love my k00ks.

Bertie

Old May 29th 08, 12:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.alien.vampire.flonk.flonk
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

Default Maxie is my sock puppet, I confess!

"Maxwell" luv2^fly99@cox.^net wrote in news:_zm%j.59$kR5.19
@newsfe24.lga:

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
.. .

Sheesh..

C'mon mxie, get back in the program.. You know, for one of my
sockpuppets you're a bit of a disappointement.

Bertie

As a wanna be troll, you;re a complete zip.

c-

Obviously.

I never sucker anyone into protracted dispalys of idiocy as it says
right here on page 4 of teh troll manual.

Bertie
Old May 29th 08, 03:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck[_2_]

I don't remember, but was anyone in this newsgroup upset that Senator
John Glenn got to ride in one of the shuttles for some 'scientific'
reason after he left the senate? It was, of course, made up science.

I thought his trip was useful because it made it clear that age isn't the
obstacle that many believe it to be.

Giving an elderly astronaut-hero-senator a free ride on the shuttle (which,
after all, has the capacity to carry him at no extra charge) is a far cry
from denying all pilots the right to overfly a dying politician sitting on
his yacht. There is no moral equivalence in the two examples.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old May 29th 08, 03:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Steven P. McNicoll[_2_]

wrote:

I don't remember, but was anyone in this newsgroup upset that Senator
John Glenn got to ride in one of the shuttles for some 'scientific'
reason after he left the senate? It was, of course, made up science.

While some may complain about the cost of such a trip for Glenn, I
probably won't. John Glenn is nearly unique in his background. But
other than some tax money, his trip affected no one.

The "made up science" was a study of the effect of weightlessness on the
elderly. It was stated at the time that Glenn was chosen because data
during the shuttle flight could be compared to data collected during his
Mercury flight in 1962. By that reasoning Alan Shepard or Wally Schirra or
Gordon Cooper would have been better choices. Shepard had medical data from
Mercury-Redstone 3 in 1961 and Apollo 14 in 1971 to compare with data
obtained from riding the Shuttle. Schirra had data from Mercury-Atlas 8 in
1962, Gemini 6 in 1965, and Apollo 7 in 1968. Gordon Cooper had data from
Mercury-Atlas 9 in 1963 and Gemini 5 in 1965.

Glenn's shuttle ride was most likely a reward for his role in thwarting the
Senate investigation of the illegal fundraising activities of Bill Clinton
and the Democratic Party.

Old May 29th 08, 05:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bob Noel

In article ,
"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote:

Glenn's shuttle ride was most likely a reward for his role in thwarting the
Senate investigation of the illegal fundraising activities of Bill Clinton
and the Democratic Party.

or possibly an attempt to get rid of Sen Glenn so the vast right wing conspiracy
could try again... yeah, that's what it was...

;-)

--
Bob Noel
(goodness, please trim replies!!!)

Old May 29th 08, 06:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Robert M. Gary

Not good to see anyone get sick but he's still outlived Mary Jo
Kopechne by about 40 years. I'm sure each of those years her parents
wished Teddy was behind bars for killing their daughter.

-Robert

Old May 29th 08, 11:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Steven P. McNicoll[_2_]

Bob Noel wrote:
In article ,
"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote:

Glenn's shuttle ride was most likely a reward for his role in
thwarting the Senate investigation of the illegal fundraising
activities of Bill Clinton and the Democratic Party.

or possibly an attempt to get rid of Sen Glenn so the vast right wing
conspiracy could try again... yeah, that's what it was...

Gee, another conspiracy nut.