Kennedy gets his own TFR

Old May 25th 08, 06:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Benjamin Dover

Default Kennedy gets his own TFR

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

Blueskies writes:

Absolutely no need to provide 'special' protections. I just watched
Carl Levin (senator, MI) walking down a parade route the other day,
just walking along waving to everyone. No visible 'special' security
anywhere, and no TFR for sure.

Being a senator isn't nearly as important as being a Kennedy. Don't
forget the efforts made at taxpayer expense to find the last Kennedy
who disappeared in an airplane.

Anthony's got a bad case of penis envy.

Old May 25th 08, 10:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Tina

There are several assumptions implicit in your "What's that smell"
question that could be very wrong. The first is, the smell would be
different than that which comes from him apartment most of the time,
and the second is his neighbors would know his name is 'Anthony'.

Wouldn't you think the first to miss him would be members of this
newsgroup?

Old May 25th 08, 02:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

Martin Hotze wrote:
Dudley Henriques schrieb:
No offense meant Jim ; just an observation from years and years of
Usenet experience :-))). I'm sure you know what I mean.

In all those years: have you never trimmed your posts? you've been told
a couple of times by now from different people. Please: TRIM YOUR POSTS!

#m

f-up2poster

Listen up short round. I'll trim my posts as I see fit. Use a killfile
if you don't like seeing them, or post these endless netcop responses as
you wish.
For your information, if I leave a post untrimmed it's because I want it
untrimmed. If I trim it, it's my decision to do that and not yours or
the other netcop who hangs around here, so get lost or stay as you wish.
--
Dudley Henriques
Old May 25th 08, 02:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

Martin Hotze wrote:
Dudley Henriques schrieb:
No offense meant Jim ; just an observation from years and years of
Usenet experience :-))). I'm sure you know what I mean.

In all those years: have you never trimmed your posts? you've been told
a couple of times by now from different people. Please: TRIM YOUR POSTS!

#m

f-up2poster

.....and furthermore short round, I have YET to find a post from you
dealing with an aviation issue rather than you playing net cop with me.
You find that post and send it to me and I'll revisit you as a posting
partner. Until then, you'll get no "cooperation" from me. I don't
respond well to being ordered around on Usenet.
--
Dudley Henriques
Old May 25th 08, 02:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Martin Hotze[_2_]

Dudley Henriques schrieb:
Listen up short round. (...)

Ah well - and I thought that you're a grown-up. Sorry to see that it is
otherwise [1]. You add(ed) much to this group (and besides your almost
_never_ trimming I mostly enjoyed your postings), seems that I have to
life without your postings.

bye.

#m

[1] Men tend to behave like little kids as they get older.
Old May 25th 08, 02:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Maynard

On 2008-05-25, Dudley Henriques wrote:
For your information, if I leave a post untrimmed it's because I want it
untrimmed. If I trim it, it's my decision to do that and not yours or
the other netcop who hangs around here, so get lost or stay as you wish.

I don't know if you're referring to me...but I'm not a netcop; I'm just
someone who thinks that following Usenet etiquette as it's been for the past
couple of decades is a really good idea. Bottom-posting without trimming
wastes bandwidth and makes it difficult to read one's words, as well as
providing ammunition to top-posters.

I think you've got a lot to contribute to the group, but when I see a
180-line posting with halfway down the first
screen, I just hit n.

Let me ask you this: Why *don't* you trim? What are you trying to
accomplish?
--
Jay Maynard, K5ZC http://www.conmicro.com
Fairmont, MN (FRM) (Yes, that's me!)
Old May 25th 08, 02:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

Martin Hotze wrote:
Dudley Henriques schrieb:
Listen up short round. (...)

Ah well - and I thought that you're a grown-up. Sorry to see that it is
otherwise [1]. You add(ed) much to this group (and besides your almost
_never_ trimming I mostly enjoyed your postings), seems that I have to
life without your postings.

bye.

#m

[1] Men tend to behave like little kids as they get older.

You haven't "enjoyed" anything junior. You've never once engaged me in
anything useful aviation wise. Anything useful you've gleaned from my
posting on aviation you have gotten lurking me, not in useful dialog.
All you seem capable of doing is posting this endless net cop crap that
nobody in their right mind would take in a positive manner.
"I've told you before....TRIM YOUR POSTS!" Give me a break. If anyone
here needs some growing up, it's people like you.
Lurk or leave as you wish. Since you have not engaged me aviation wise,
it would appear that neither of us would be losing anything.
To parrot your own sophomoric remark..... "bye" :-)
--
Dudley Henriques
Old May 25th 08, 02:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

Jay Maynard wrote:

Let me ask you this: Why *don't* you trim? What are you trying to
accomplish?

I am in total agreement with you on this, and trimming is indeed the
correct way to go. The simple answer to why I don't trim as much as I
should is that I simply forget to do it. A reminder such as you have
posted here will always be accepted by me as something to act on.
Thanks for taking the time to remind me without acting like a two year
old with a tantrum going on about editing posts.
I'll make an effort to remember to trim my responses. If I screw up
again, just remind me. I'm not as sharp remembering to do this as I
should be.

--
Dudley Henriques
Old May 25th 08, 03:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Maynard

On 2008-05-25, Dudley Henriques wrote:
I'll make an effort to remember to trim my responses. If I screw up
again, just remind me. I'm not as sharp remembering to do this as I
should be.

Okkay, I'll accept that. Thanks.
Old May 25th 08, 03:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Tina

I will make the observation that your untrimmed posts often offer more
aviation content than many others who do trim.

No one is obligated to read postings: each of us decides if it's a net
loss or gain. You have not diminished the utility of the newsgroup,
but others surely have. "Boys will be boys" is hardly an excuse for
second grade behavior, especially in a group where superior judgment
should be the standard.