Kennedy gets his own TFR

Old May 26th 08, 10:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
B A R R Y[_2_]

Default Kennedy gets his own TFR

Tina wrote:
In communication, it's content over format. Content can be enhanced by
prudent trimming, of course, but the point is to get the author's idea
into the reader's brain in an understandable way.

I've always maintained proper trimming makes the top / bottom posting
debate almost moot.
Old May 27th 08, 01:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Larry Dighera

On Mon, 26 May 2008 10:18:53 -0700, Shirl
wrote in
:

But I'm with you re content over format ...

Many of the initial Usenet participants were programmers. Programmers
are professional formatters; formatting is essential to maintainable
code.

Old May 27th 08, 04:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Tina

This TFR probably was intended to protect the Figawi (I am NOT joking
about the name) race, goes from one of the islands to Hyannis. The
Boston Globe wrote

Kennedy completes Figawi Race
Email|Print|Single Page| Text size – + By David Abel
Globe Staff / May 26, 2008

HYANNIS PORT -- Under pristine skies and with strong gusts, Senator
Edward M. Kennedy this afternoon steered his 50-foot schooner from
Nantucket to a mooring beside his beach-front compound, leading many
of the sailboats in the final leg of the annual Figawi Race.
more stories like this

It took Kennedy only about 2.5 hours to make the journey across
Nantucket Sound in a trip that many thought he wouldn't take after
being diagnosed with a malignant brain tumor last week. He finished
second in his division.

He arrived at the dock in a blue windbreaker and Red Sox cap with
Connecticut Senator Chris Dodd. His wife, Victoria Reggie Kennedy, and
sons Teddy and Patrick at his side.

"It couldn't be a more beautiful day," he said. "We're with friends
and family and it's a great tradition out here. We always enjoy it. I
think we ended up in the front part of the fleet."

As I wrote before, I don't like this man, but this kind of perq is
pretty minor for someone with his influence. It may be one of the last
times he sales this course.

I don't remember, but was anyone in this newsgroup upset that Senator
John Glenn got to ride in one of the shuttles for some 'scientific'
reason after he left the senate? It was, of course, made up science.

that On May 24, 5:57 am, "Steve Foley"
wrote:
FDC 8/8593 ZBW MA.. FLIGHT RESTRICTION HYANNIS, MA EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY
UNTIL 0805272200 UTC. PURSUANT TO 14 CFR SECTION 91.137(A)(1), TEMPORARY
FLIGHT RESTRICTIONS ARE IN EFFECT DUE TO SAFETY OF FLIGHT WITHIN A 3
NAUTICAL MILE RADIUS OF 413749N/0701812W OR THE MVY VORTAC 060 DEGREE RADIAL
AT 19.8 NAUTICAL MILES UP TO AND INCLUDING 5000 MSL. ALL AIRCRAFT OPERATIONS
WITHIN THE AREA LISTED ABOVE ARE PROHIBITED EXCEPT FOR: FEDERAL, STATE,
LOCAL MEDEVAC AND MILITARY AIRCRAFT. VFR AND IFR OPPERATIONS TO AND FROM HYA
ARE AUTHORIZED. AIRCRAFT IN DIRECT COMMUNICATIONS WITH ATC ARE ALLOWED. NO
LOITERING, NO PRACTICE APPROACHES OR PATTERN WORK. CAPE APCH, 508-968-7126,
AND OR BOSTON ARTCC /ZBW/, 603-879-6655, ARE THE COORDINATION FACILITIES.

Old May 27th 08, 06:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bob Noel

In article ,
Tina wrote:

This TFR probably was intended to protect the Figawi (I am NOT joking
about the name) race, goes from one of the islands to Hyannis.

That TFR wouldn't protect much of this race.

--
Bob Noel
(goodness, please trim replies!!!)

Old May 27th 08, 01:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.2600
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

Default Post Trimming: SERIOUS BUSINESS

gregvk wrote in
:

Bertie the Bunyip wrote in news:g1cpcj$41u$1
@blackhelicopter.databasix.com:

On 25 May 2008, you wrote in rec.aviation.piloting:

Dudley Henriques schrieb:
No offense meant Jim ; just an observation from years and years of
Usenet experience :-))). I'm sure you know what I mean.

In all those years: have you never trimmed your posts? you've been
told a couple of times by now from different people. Please: TRIM
YOUR POSTS!

Or what, ze Russian Front?

Bertie

You are hereby ordered, under penalties too shocking to be described
in public, to trim your posts. This is your final warning.

aside Goddamn bunyips. /aside

But by not trimming my poasts I get people to squeal!

Bertie
Old May 27th 08, 02:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.2600
Tony

I assume the alternative to not trimming posts is that some may choose
not to read them. What is the big deal?

It's up to the writer to decide how he (or she) chooses to
communicate. It;s up to the reader to decide if it's acceptable.

Old May 27th 08, 03:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.2600
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

Tony wrote in
:

I assume the alternative to not trimming posts is that some may choose
not to read them. What is the big deal?

It's up to the writer to decide how he (or she) chooses to
communicate. It;s up to the reader to decide if it's acceptable.

Top poasting newbie...

PLINK!

Bertie

Old May 27th 08, 03:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.2600
Stealth Pilot[_2_]

On Tue, 27 May 2008 12:35:21 +0000 (UTC), Bertie the Bunyip
wrote:

gregvk wrote in
. 1:

Dudley Henriques schrieb:
No offense meant Jim ; just an observation from years and years of
Usenet experience :-))). I'm sure you know what I mean.

In all those years: have you never trimmed your posts? you've been
told a couple of times by now from different people. Please: TRIM
YOUR POSTS!

Or what, ze Russian Front?

Bertie

You are hereby ordered, under penalties too shocking to be described
in public, to trim your posts. This is your final warning.

aside Goddamn bunyips. /aside

But by not trimming my poasts I get people to squeal!

Bertie

Bertie what is a poast?
I asked the sooth effrikun expats at work today which african country
used 'poast' as the word for post.
they shook heads and said none of them.

you talk about trimming your poasts. what is a poast?
(or do you have fat fingers on the s key?

Stealth Pilot
Old May 27th 08, 03:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

Stealth Pilot wrote in
:

On Tue, 27 May 2008 12:35:21 +0000 (UTC), Bertie the Bunyip
wrote:

gregvk wrote in
.1:

Dudley Henriques schrieb:
[...]

You need to go chekc out some of the trolllz froups. Mis-spelling is a
common technique used to hook fjukkwits like Maxwell. they're keen to
jump in and shriek about the poaster's pudgy fingers and what not. The
mis-spellings are a convention in themselves to some degree. Poast is
usualy (mis) spelled that way as is froup, lits (list) and a number of
others . Makes it an "in" joke as well.

And why the **** would you ask a Yarpie anything unless it's how to arm
your BMW X5 to the teeth?

Bertie

Bertie
Old May 27th 08, 04:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
The Visitor

B A R R Y wrote:

I've always maintained proper trimming makes the top / bottom posting
debate almost moot.

Absolutely.