Rocket Racing League

Old October 4th 05, 02:19 AM
John Ousterhout

Default Rocket Racing League

When I saw this I thought it was the craziest thing I've seen since the
Moller Skycar: http://msnbc.msn.com/id/9572408/

When I saw THIS it confirmed my opinion:
http://www.rocketracingleague.com/co...ship-team.html

- John Ousterhout -
Old October 4th 05, 02:40 AM
wright1902glider

ZOOMing to an airshow near you?

Lemme know before the race starts so I can hangar my ship 3 states
away.

Harry

Old October 4th 05, 02:51 AM
Bret Ludwig

wright1902glider wrote:
ZOOMing to an airshow near you?

Lemme know before the race starts so I can hangar my ship 3 states
away.

They're nvts. N-V-T-S!

Mel Brooks.

Old October 4th 05, 03:34 AM
Frank Stutzman

John Ousterhout wrote:

When I saw THIS it confirmed my opinion:
http://www.rocketracingleague.com/co...ship-team.html

Did you recognize any particularly "zoomie" names on the "Advisory
Board?"
--
Frank Stutzman
Bonanza N494B "Hula Girl"

Old October 4th 05, 03:58 AM
John Ammeter

Sure did...

Jim Campbell
Advisor, Aviation
Jim Campbell, CEO of the Aero-News Network, is a 17,000 hour commercial
pilot and flight instructor, a graduate of the National Test Pilot
School and one of the most active aviation writers and test pilots in
the business. The author of 17 books and an active member of the X Prize
and Zero-G programs, Campbell has flown or evaluated over 1100 unique
flying machines since his first flight some 35 years ago (at age 13).

Somehow, I doubt the veracity of the above credentials... Can't really
say why but how did Jimbo find the time to fly 17,000 hours, write 17
books and fly 1100 different airplanes?? For someone that isn't a
commercial pilot, actually flying a route, to log that number of hours
is doubtful to say the least...

But, I'm sure some people might believe him.....

But, NOT ME... I've met him and heard his grandiose storys...

John

Old October 4th 05, 08:15 AM
Anthony W

Frank Stutzman wrote:

John Ousterhout wrote:

When I saw THIS it confirmed my opinion:
http://www.rocketracingleague.com/co...ship-team.html

Did you recognize any particularly "zoomie" names on the "Advisory
Board?"

Those 17 books should be an easy put up or shut up for him. Any chance
one of them was published?

Tony
Old October 4th 05, 02:15 PM
John Ousterhout

Anthony W wrote:

Those 17 books should be an easy put up or shut up for him. Any chance
one of them was published?

Tony

I have a copy of this one (but I never asked Zoom for an autograph).

"Flyers Guide to Ultralights", by Jim Campbell
TAB Books Inc, 1985, ISBN 0-8306-2376-0

Of interest to many is this excerpt from the book:

BEGIN QUOTE

There are few people in the ultralight community who can claim to have
done as much for ultralight aviation as has Chuck Slusarczyk. Starting
back in the early days of the hang-gliding movement, Chuck has grown and
developed along with the entire movement. He was one of the first to
adapt and market power systems for hang gliders and helped to usher in a
far more progressive era for this sport by designing and marketing the
first of the "looks like a real airplane" style ultralight air vehicles.
Even more surprising is the fact that he has done this without having
to alienate the rest of an overly competitive industry. His sense of
humor, fairness, and propriety have made him one of this sports more
endearing participants.

END QUOTE

- John Ousterhout -
http://www.copyright.gov/fls/fl102.html
Old October 4th 05, 07:15 PM
Anthony W

John Ousterhout wrote:
Anthony W wrote:

[...]

Nice quote and accurate. I'll bet it's the last bit of truth he said in
print.

Tony
Old October 5th 05, 01:57 AM
ChuckSlusarczyk

In article Ffv0f.391674$x96.305016@attbi_s72, John Ousterhout says...

[...]

Gee John where did I go astray? Sob!!

Boy jaun is in a real dilemma.Since he believes everything zoom says is true
then what zoom said about me must be true. But jaun thinks everything I did
was a lie but if it's a lie then zoom is wrong in saying what he did about me .
Therefore zoom is either a liar about me or telling the truth about me and if
he's lying then he proves himself to be a liar,but if he's telling the truth
about me then jaun is in disagreement with his hero.So if a liar tells the truth
is he lying?or is a Liar lying about the truth when he lies to cover up the
truth while lying about the truth a Liar?....I think :-)

Sorry I just had a wee nip of Muzzle Loader for my "arthritis" and I couldn't
help myself :-)

See ya

Chuck (an endearing participant) S

Old October 4th 05, 02:08 PM
ChuckSlusarczyk

In article I_p0f.300$wR4.235@trnddc03, Anthony W says...

Frank Stutzman wrote:

John Ousterhout wrote:

When I saw THIS it confirmed my opinion:
http://www.rocketracingleague.com/co...ship-team.html

Did you recognize any particularly "zoomie" names on the "Advisory
Board?"

Those 17 books should be an easy put up or shut up for him. Any chance
one of them was published?

Tony

I know of only 2 books, one was about Ultralights and the other was about
saving Bob Hoover. I'd like to see the list. He must be in a cycle again and
thinks he has new people to fool. What a phony.Frankly I don't think much of an
organization that didn't look into the background of it's Advisory Board
members. Maybe they need a phone call.

See ya

Chuck S

"zoom can fool all of the people some of the time,some of the people none of the
time,and jaun all of the time." chuck s