rec.aviation.piloting scheduled for sporge flood

Old August 9th 07, 01:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default rec.aviation.piloting scheduled for sporge flood

Sporge flooding of rec.aviation.piloting will commence in a few hours.

This will render rec.aviation.piloting useless. For an example, see Sci.Crypt.

Supernews filters out this sporgery spam. Get a better Usenet
experience. Sign up for our risk-free trial today!

https://www.supernews.com/signup

--
He may trouble once, wander worldwide, then allocate in terms of the controversy but the championship.
Old August 9th 07, 05:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bob Fry

"sup" == supernews writes:

sup Sporge flooding of rec.aviation.piloting will commence in a
sup few hours. This will render rec.aviation.piloting useless.

Eh, it's already useless, and we don't need "sporge flooding" for
that.
--
The most amazing achievement of the computer software industry is its
continuing cancellation of the steady and staggering gains made by the
Old August 9th 07, 12:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Denny

..

Eh, it's already useless, and we don't need "sporge flooding" for
that.

ROTFLMAO
Anyway, here is one method...

http://www.warezfaq.com/dealing_with_sporge.htm

Old August 9th 07, 12:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

sup Sporge flooding of rec.aviation.piloting will commence in a
sup few hours. This will render rec.aviation.piloting useless.

Eh, it's already useless, and we don't need "sporge flooding" for
that.

In much the same way that a group of monkeys randomly hitting keys on
a typewriter will eventually produce the works of Shakespeare, perhaps
the Sporgers will accidentally produce a positive, uplifting post from
"Bob" here?

:-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old August 9th 07, 02:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601XL Builder

Jay Honeck wrote:

In much the same way that a group of monkeys randomly hitting keys on
a typewriter will eventually produce the works of Shakespeare,

The internet has disproved that theory.

Old August 9th 07, 02:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Larry Dighera

On Thu, 09 Aug 2007 04:19:32 -0700, Denny wrote
in .com:

Anyway, here is one method...

http://www.warezfaq.com/dealing_with_sporge.htm

Thanks for the information, but I say no thanks to NewsProxy, a
program hosted on a Warez web site. You have no way of knowing if
that program contains malicious code or not.

It is plausible that the threat that originated this message thread is
specifically meant to cause readers to run NewsProxy, and unwittingly
become gateways for spam Usenet articles and e-mail.

Given the noise generated by those who can't resist posting harassing
followups to every article posted by certain subscribers to
rec.aviation.piloting, it is obvious that the newsgroup's readership
has become adept at filtering out irrelevant articles. I choose to
do that with any sporge that may show up, without resorting to
software hosted on a web site devoted to pirated software.