Dummies Guide to flying to Oshkosh

Old February 2nd 04, 06:46 PM
Ian Baren

Default Dummies Guide to flying to Oshkosh

Please pardon if this has been discussed here, but I am planning to
fly to Airventure / Oshkosh with a pilot friend (both of us are
pilot,) and I have to imagine that some kind soul out there has
written a sort of dummies guide to what to do, go, bring, see, not
bring, avoid, etc.

Any pointers to websites or message board records would be greatly
appreciated.

We will be flying from Ct, (DXR) and in a 1979 PA-28-180

Thanks!
Old February 2nd 04, 07:46 PM
EDR

In article , Ian Baren
wrote:

Please pardon if this has been discussed here, but I am planning to
fly to Airventure / Oshkosh with a pilot friend (both of us are
pilot,) and I have to imagine that some kind soul out there has
written a sort of dummies guide to what to do, go, bring, see, not
bring, avoid, etc.

Any pointers to websites or message board records would be greatly
appreciated.

Go to www.avweb.com

Select "COLUMNS" from the left side

Select "RICK DURDEN"

He has written several articles in the past two years dealing
specifically with this subject.
Old February 2nd 04, 09:25 PM
Jay Honeck

Any pointers to websites or message board records would be greatly
appreciated.

Go to "Google Groups" and search on "Oshkosh." You'll find a gazillion tips
about flying into "The Big One."

(And "FYI" we throw a "rec.aviation" party at our campsite in the North 40
every year. Admission is either (a) a 6-pack of good beer, or (b) you buy a
round at Friar Tucks! Watch here for more info about it as we get
closer...)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old February 3rd 04, 12:25 AM
Morgans

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
Any pointers to websites or message board records would be greatly
appreciated.

Go to "Google Groups" and search on "Oshkosh." You'll find a gazillion

tips
about flying into "The Big One."

(And "FYI" we throw a "rec.aviation" party at our campsite in the North 40
every year. Admission is either (a) a 6-pack of good beer, or (b) you buy

round at Friar Tucks! Watch here for more info about it as we get
closer...)
--
Jay Honeck

One, read and understand the NOTAR, and read it again. Two, practice your
spot landings, and try to do them with speeds higher than you would like,
and lower than you would like. Three, practice your overhead approaches,
with keeping them really tight.
--
Jim in NC

---

Old February 3rd 04, 12:35 AM
Morgans

"Morgans" wrote

That was not aimed at you, Jay.
--
Jim in NC

---

Old February 3rd 04, 01:35 AM
Jim Fisher

"EDR" wrote in message

Go to www.avweb.com

Select "COLUMNS" from the left side

Select "RICK DURDEN"

He has written several articles in the past two years dealing
specifically with this subject.

Especially note the one entitled, "Hey you . . ." or something to that
effect. Very enlightening and memorable.

--
Jim Fisher

Old February 3rd 04, 03:25 AM
EDR

In article , Morgans
wrote:

One, read and understand the NOTAR, and read it again.

If I am reading the No Tail Rotor (NOTAR), I am TOO CLOSE!!! :-))
Old February 3rd 04, 03:33 AM
Jay Honeck

That was not aimed at you, Jay.

I was waiting for "Four, don't bring Lite Beer!"

:-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old February 3rd 04, 04:14 AM
Morgans

"EDR" wrote

One, read and understand the NOTAR, and read it again.

If I am reading the No Tail Rotor (NOTAR), I am TOO CLOSE!!! :-))

Chuckle Oooops!
--
Jim in NC

---