walter Dittel fsg 2t

Old January 2nd 16, 09:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
shkdriver shkdriver is offline
Member

Default walter Dittel fsg 2t

So this being a slow Saturday,
If a second hand fsg 2t dittel radio were to have the SB1.05 & SB1.06 mods done to it, where would that be done? does Funke honor the old recall? Has anyone done both mods in the u.s.? and at what price?
Thanks Scott
Old January 3rd 16, 01:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
MNLou

I had to send my FSG 2T back to Germany last year.

FUNKE did a great job but, as a successor company, does not honor the warranty / recall.

You have to pay for the labor and shipping both ways. Total cost was $400 - $500 at that time.

I really like the radio - works great!

Lou
Old January 4th 16, 02:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Koerner

On Saturday, January 2, 2016 at 2:05:10 PM UTC-7, shkdriver wrote:
So this being a slow Saturday,
If a second hand fsg 2t dittel radio were to have the SB1.05 & SB1.06 mods done to it, where would that be done? does Funke honor the old recall? Has anyone done both mods in the u.s.? and at what price?
Thanks Scott

I performed the mod myself and successfully brought my radio back to life. I did this two years ago. If I recall it was just a matter of replacing a surface mount electrolytic capacitor. I found and ordered an equivalent cap at DigiKey. From my email record it's Digikey part number 338-2218-1-ND at $1.55.

The service bulletin documents the mod well. I would say that it probably does require professional level surface mount soldering skill and desolder skill. If that's not you, perhaps someone in your club has that ability.
Old January 4th 16, 08:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ross[_3_]

Funke won't honour it anymore as it should have been done almost 10 years ago.
Anton Lang will still do it in Germany, and the last one cost me $500 all up.
I have a second hand one here that I will happily sell to someone that is interested. Mods done.