please stop bashing France

Old October 15th 03, 04:24 AM
Chad Irby

In article ,
Jordan wrote:

Yea just keep making fun of every nation that doesn't agree with the
USA.

Yeah, that making fun of other countries is so bad for their self-image.
They could get a complex or something.

cirby at cfl.rr.com

Slam on brakes accordingly.
Old October 15th 03, 06:11 AM
Garrison Hilliard

The French are even hated by themselves!

http://tinyurl.com/qm7a
Old October 15th 03, 08:05 AM
Jordan

On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 03:24:59 GMT, Chad Irby wrote:

In article ,
Jordan wrote:

Yea just keep making fun of every nation that doesn't agree with the
USA.

Yeah, that making fun of other countries is so bad for their self-image.
They could get a complex or something.

You think it's a joke, how easily you forget the events of 9/11.
Old October 15th 03, 12:31 PM
Pierre-Henri Baras

"Chad Irby" a écrit dans le message de news:
"IO" wrote:

If you want to criticize Chirac ok... But please don't say that all the
french are monkeys or make stupid and false comments on French

cowardy...

Well, I haven't been, but with so many French papers and media outlets
putting out "America is evil!" content, it has to go back somewhere.

Example please?? Apart from right and left wing extremist tablids, you'll
find NO front page as outragous as some US papers were during the
french-bashing period.
Didn't you understand that the "Amercia is evil" myth is just to justify
more French bashing????
If you want to do some research to back your claims, the major french papers
are LeMonde, LeFigaro, Liberation, LeParisien, France-Soir, LeCanrad
Enchainé. Major TV channels are TF1, Fr2, FR3, Canal+ and M6.
Please don't back your claims with stuff you saw on Fox or read in the
NYPost.
If ou want info or example on the French cultural scene, I'd be glad to
help.

Pierre-Henri BARAS

Co-webmaster de French Fleet Air Arm
http://www.ffaa.net
Encyclopédie de l'Aviation sur le web
http://www.aviation-fr.info

Old October 15th 03, 12:37 PM
lekomin inc

Stop calling "europeans" anybody living in Europe and not being british. I'm
Polish as a matter of fact and I hate using "Europe" and "France and
Germany" as synonyms. Actually if you take the number of countries for and
against Iraqi Freedom both the current 15 EU and the post-2004 enlargement
EU was FOR the US. The French the Germans and the Belgians are a funny bunch
of people that can make good food (except for the Germans of course..) but
they still live the lives of forgone colonial powers.
take care
lekomin inc

Old October 15th 03, 01:25 PM
tscottme

IO wrote in message
Chad Irby wrote:
In article ,
"IO" wrote:

I'm italian and in my opinion the "french bashing" is a stupid and
racist thing.

It's not a race issue.

We make the same comments about any idiots who act like that.

If you want to criticize Chirac ok... But please don't say that all

the
french are monkeys or make stupid and false comments on French

cowardy...
Remember Die Bien Phu or french resistance against nazis... Your

(american)
behaviour is very offensive to me and to europeans.... And also

Russia,
Germany, Mexico, Canada, Chile ecc was against usa on Iraq

resolution
remeber this...

So your original point should have been for Americans to withhold their
criticism of the French while the Europeans criticize the US? Thanks to
your message we now have another chance to start the international
criticism of those that put teeth into the UN and those that hide behind
the UN to avoid doing much, even when it is required. With as little as
the Europeans contribute to international security, it doesn't matter
much if they like the US or not. Often their contribution is only a
token gesture which gives them more pride than the US real assistance.

--

Scott
--------

Old October 15th 03, 01:32 PM
tscottme

Jordan wrote in message
Yea just keep making fun of every nation that doesn't agree with the
USA. You think you can take on the world? I can't wait for the day
when americans realise they are no longer the major world power.

Don't you think enough people hate americans already? Why do you keep
acting to reinforce their perceptions?

Funny they hate America but fall all over themselves to ingratiate
themselves with the Russians, the Arabs, and all the other full-time
ogres. I think that says more about the rationality of the Europeans
than the faults of the US. Besides, being powerful means you don't need
everyone to like you, fear is enough. You don't see much European anger
about slavery in the Arab world, or harsh treatment of Christians in
China or the Middle East. But one cop killer gets sentenced to death
and the Euro trash has a seizure.

--

Scott
--------

Old October 15th 03, 01:37 PM
tscottme

Jordan wrote in message

You think it's a joke, how easily you forget the events of 9/11.

9/11 is why we spend time going after the groups we see as dangerous and
less time sitting in cafes sipping bad coffee and worrying if they like
us or not. If you want a say in world events, become a US citizen or
get your country to take the responsibility to become powerful.

The Europeans have lived in a protected little green house so long they
seem to think that if all the nice people just agree to be nice there
will be nothing but joy for all of us. Someone has to shoot the wolf at
the door, even if the loud noise disturbs your garden party.

--

Scott
--------