Airbus 330 Crash - Probable Cause Is the Electromagnetic Storm

Old July 4th 09, 11:16 PM posted to alt.disasters.aviation,rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks
Bertie the Bunyip[_28_]

Default Airbus 330 Crash - Probable Cause Is the Electromagnetic Storm

Eeyore wrote in
:

"Robert Morpheal, Morphealism, Bob Ezergailis" wrote:

I think the fly by wire, flight computers, issue is probably the most
significant. The fault indicators show a pattern of electrical
failure, including the computers.

If so, how how did the ACARS mesages continue being transmitted for
some four minutes ? They weren't getting their data from nowhere.

Almost everyone is looking at the ice in the pitot tubes issue which
explains everything much better, not least that Airbus had recommended
replacing them with an improved type and that had not been done on the
accident plane.

Try .....
http://www.iasa-intl.com/folders/belfast/AF447.htm
http://www.flightglobal.com/blogs/un...09/06/af447---

the-
air-caraibes-story.html

Something like 38 or 39 pitot tube 'upsets' have since surfaced on
A330s ( possibly including A340s ) . Not proof but quite damning.

A backup method of indicating IAS is required. The system may be
redundant but has a common-mode failure - icing. That reduces its
redundancy to zero in such situations.

Nope, wrong again fjukkktard.

Bertie

Old July 5th 09, 05:49 AM posted to alt.disasters.aviation,rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks
george

On Jul 5, 10:16*am, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:

Nope, wrong again fjukkktard. *

:-)
For some strange reason the pitot heat prevents the pitot icing up.
Old July 7th 09, 02:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
good grief

Default Airbus 330 Crash - what about THIS twist..........

http://macedoniaonline.eu/content/view/7331/53/1/1

Old July 7th 09, 03:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mike Ash

In article ,
"good grief" wrote:

http://macedoniaonline.eu/content/view/7331/53/1/1

To quote one of my favorite books: "Can't you recognize bull****? Don't
you think it would be a useful item to add to your intellectual toolkits
to be capable of saying, when a ton of wet steaming bull**** lands on
your head, 'My goodness, this appears to be bull****'?"

--
Mike Ash
Radio Free Earth
Old July 7th 09, 03:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
good grief

To quote one of my favorite books: "Can't you recognize bull****? Don't
you think it would be a useful item to add to your intellectual toolkits
to be capable of saying, when a ton of wet steaming bull**** lands on
your head, 'My goodness, this appears to be bull****'?"

--
Mike Ash
Radio Free Earth

I dunno.........I sorta thought that would have been obvious to this group
and didn't need me to point that out. Maybe I was wrong. :-)
tp

Old July 7th 09, 06:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Logajan

"good grief" wrote:
http://macedoniaonline.eu/content/view/7331/53/1/1

Competition for The Onion?

http://www.theonion.com/content/news...ine_air_france
Old July 7th 09, 08:41 PM posted to alt.disasters.aviation,rec.aviation.piloting
Eeyore[_6_]

george wrote:

On Jul 5, 10:16 am, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:

Nope, wrong again fjukkktard.

:-)
For some strange reason the pitot heat prevents the pitot icing up.

Not if there's not enough heat.

Graham

--
due to the hugely increased level of spam please make the obvious
adjustment to my email address

Old July 7th 09, 10:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mike Ash

In article ,
"good grief" wrote:

To quote one of my favorite books: "Can't you recognize bull****? Don't
you think it would be a useful item to add to your intellectual toolkits
to be capable of saying, when a ton of wet steaming bull**** lands on
your head, 'My goodness, this appears to be bull****'?"

I dunno.........I sorta thought that would have been obvious to this group
and didn't need me to point that out. Maybe I was wrong. :-)

Oh sorry, I assumed you were being serious. It's hard to tell when
someone is joking on Usenet if you don't know them, since there are so
many kooks and crazies around.

--
Mike Ash
Radio Free Earth
Old July 7th 09, 11:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Logajan

Mike Ash wrote:
In article ,
"good grief" wrote:

To quote one of my favorite books: "Can't you recognize bull****?
Don't you think it would be a useful item to add to your
intellectual toolkits to be capable of saying, when a ton of wet
steaming bull**** lands on your head, 'My goodness, this appears to
be bull****'?"

I dunno.........I sorta thought that would have been obvious to this
group and didn't need me to point that out. Maybe I was wrong. :-)

Oh sorry, I assumed you were being serious. It's hard to tell when
someone is joking on Usenet if you don't know them, since there are so
many kooks and crazies around.

When confusion like that happens, it always reminds of this exchange in the
Steve Martin movie "Roxanne":

(Gee, I guess it's online too http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EtpDhQ9SoE )

Roxanne Kowalski: "I was being ironic."

C.D. Bales: "Oh, ho, ho, irony! Oh, no, no, we don't get that here. See,
uh, people ski topless here while smoking dope, so irony's not really a, a
high priority. We haven't had any irony here since about, uh, '83, when I
was the only practitioner of it. And I stopped because I was tired of being
stared at."
Old July 8th 09, 01:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Brian Whatcott

Jim Logajan wrote:
"good grief" wrote:
http://macedoniaonline.eu/content/view/7331/53/1/1

Competition for The Onion?

http://www.theonion.com/content/news...ine_air_france

Yabbut, the Onion story hasn't been circulating in the Kremlin, has it?
Q.E.D!

Brian W