Tragity

Old October 16th 05, 02:14 AM
.Blueskies.

Default Tragity

Apparently at a Young Eagle event:

http://www.komonews.com/stories/39753.htm

Old October 16th 05, 03:43 AM
Morgans

".Blueskies." wrote in message
.. .
Apparently at a Young Eagle event:

http://www.komonews.com/stories/39753.htm

wow. Sorrow and condolences, for those involved.

These things come in threes, so lets be careful out there.
--
Jim in NC

Old October 16th 05, 12:52 PM
Jay Honeck

Default Tragedy

Apparently at a Young Eagle event:

http://www.komonews.com/stories/39753.htm

God, what an awful thing. When an event designed to lure young people
to the sky turns to tragedy, G.A. loses, big time.

My condolences to the families, and the organizers of the event.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old October 16th 05, 01:08 PM
Gary Drescher

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
ups.com...
Apparently at a Young Eagle event:

http://www.komonews.com/stories/39753.htm

God, what an awful thing. When an event designed to lure young people
to the sky turns to tragedy, G.A. loses, big time.

Two ninth-grade girls were killed in the crash. Not only was it a Young
Eagles flight, but the girls were students at Aviation High School, a school
for students with an interest in flying.
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...lanecrash.html

--Gary

Old October 16th 05, 01:39 PM
Matt Whiting

Gary Drescher wrote:

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
ups.com...

Apparently at a Young Eagle event:

http://www.komonews.com/stories/39753.htm

God, what an awful thing. When an event designed to lure young people
to the sky turns to tragedy, G.A. loses, big time.

Two ninth-grade girls were killed in the crash. Not only was it a Young
Eagles flight, but the girls were students at Aviation High School, a school
for students with an interest in flying.
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...lanecrash.html

What a loss. Is this the first Young Eagles accident of this severity?
I don't recall, thankfully, hearing about any fatalities before.

Matt
Old October 16th 05, 06:27 PM
Cecil Chapman

Just so sad.....

=-----
Good Flights!

Cecil E. Chapman
CP-ASEL-IA

Student - C.F.I.

Check out my personal flying adventures from my first flight to the
checkride AND the continuing adventures beyond!
Complete with pictures and text at: www.bayareapilot.com

- Antoine de Saint-Exupery -

"We who fly, do so for the love of flying. We are alive in the air with
this miracle that lies in our hands and beneath our feet"
- Cecil Day Lewis -

Old October 17th 05, 01:34 AM
.Blueskies.

mo

http://www.eaa.org/communications/ea...6_ye_loss.html

Old October 17th 05, 01:53 AM
A Lieberman

On Mon, 17 Oct 2005 00:34:16 GMT, .Blueskies. wrote:

mo

http://www.eaa.org/communications/ea...6_ye_loss.html

Sadly, the media won't pick up on the following paragraph taken from the
above web page:

The accident marks the first fatalities among the approximately 1,200,000
Young Eagles whom EAA members have flown since EAA launched the program in
1992.

This to me shows an incredible safety record of general aviation.

Allen
Old October 17th 05, 02:05 AM
Ron Lee

That story is incorrect in that there were two killed in a YE flight
at 00V several years ago.

Ron Lee

Old October 17th 05, 03:33 AM
tony roberts

I fly Young Eagles through 2 different clubs.
Prior to this accident we had been discussing changing our rules to
prohibit 2 kids from the same family to fly in the same plane.

We should all look at this. Loss to the family, liability - let's split
them up - everyone wins!

Tony
--

Tony Roberts