HK CAWS ...for Ariennya

Old January 11th 04, 04:40 PM
George Shirley

Charles Gray wrote:

On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 05:03:03 GMT, "Kevin Brooks"
wrote:

"robert arndt" wrote in message
.com...

So, Germans can't match Italian shotguns? Wrong. HK CAWS was the
world's most advanced back in its day:

Another "German products uber alles" post from the goofball who just told us
such posts of his are in the minority category...

Brooks

snip

One question-- I thought shotguns were not allowed in combat by the
geneva convention, but allowed for peacekeeping police duties.
Or was that changed since the treaty was made. (Or more likely, am I
misremembering something).

U.S. forces have used shotguns in combat since the beginning of this
nation. Especially in WWII in the Pacific, various manufacturers made
"trench guns" for the gubmint. WWI is where the 20 inch barrel pump gun,
example the Winchester 97 with bayonet lug and metal handguard over the
barrel, made their appearance. Also used as "riot" weapons by MP's and
police. Damned handy in street fighting too.

George

Old January 12th 04, 04:40 PM
Jeb Hoge

(Ariennya Romani) wrote in message om...
(robert arndt) wrote in message . com...
So, Germans can't match Italian shotguns? Wrong. HK CAWS was the
world's most advanced back in its day:

http://www.gurpsmaster.de/caws.jpg

But don't get me wrong, I'm not arguing with you about the excellent
arms of Beretta, Franchi, or Benelli. I just wanted to show you that
HK DID try the autoshotgun project for the US and it didn't proceed.

Rob

That is one ugly shotgun. You Germans make boxy, unstylish arms that
cannot compare to Beretta, Franchi, or Benelli.

CAWS was a prototype design that never reached production. HK
prototypes tend to be pretty ugly, really, but usually get improved
form and ergonomics closer to production status. The bigger
disadvantage to the CAWS was the nonstandard ammunition. Read all
about it. http://www.hkpro.com/CAWS.htm