Most fun flying with your clothes on!

Old February 12th 07, 10:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans

Default Most fun flying with your clothes on!

"Michelle P" wrote

Huh? The cub is not that loud. We flew with the window open. It was a
little cold in the morning.

I think he was saying that the Albatross was loud.
--
Jim in NC
Old February 12th 07, 10:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Montblack

("Kingfish" wrote)
snip godawful 70's flashback tune

Quoting horrible Carpenters' songs in their entirety will NOT earn you any
points on this forum, bub...

Tell me why than
Oh why should it be that

We go on hurting each other
We go on hurting each other
Making each other cry
Hurting each other
Without ever knowing why

Can't we stop hurting each other
Gotta stop hurting each other
Making each other cry
Breaking each other's heart
Tearing each other apart

Montblack :-)

Old February 13th 07, 12:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dan Luke

"Montblack" wrote:

("Kingfish" wrote)
snip godawful 70's flashback tune

Quoting horrible Carpenters' songs in their entirety will NOT earn you any
points on this forum, bub...

Tell me why than
Oh why should it be that

We go on hurting each other
We go on hurting each other
Making each other cry
Hurting each other
Without ever knowing why

Can't we stop hurting each other
Gotta stop hurting each other
Making each other cry
Breaking each other's heart
Tearing each other apart

Montblack :-)

Well, six white horses that you did promise
Were fin'lly delivered down to the penitentiary
But to live outside the law, you must be honest
I know you always say that you agree
But where are you tonight, sweet Marie?

Well, I don't know how it happened
But the river-boat captain, he knows my fate
But ev'rybody else, even yourself
They're just gonna have to wait.

Well, I got the fever down in my pockets
The Persian drunkard, he follows me
Yes, I can take him to your house but I can't unlock it
You see, you forgot to leave me with the key
Oh, where are you tonight, sweet Marie?

--
Dan

"Did you just have a stroke and not tell me?"
- Jiminy Glick

Old February 13th 07, 12:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mortimer Schnerd, RN[_2_]

Morgans wrote:
"Michelle P" wrote

Huh? The cub is not that loud. We flew with the window open. It was a
little cold in the morning.

I think he was saying that the Albatross was loud.

That would be correct. According to my dad, who also flew C-45, C-46, C-47,
C-54, and C-121 amongst others, REAL LOUD. Of course the resulting hearing loss
affected his higher frequencies the most... like the voice of my late mother
when she was calling him. G

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com

Old February 13th 07, 01:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans

"Mortimer Schnerd, RN wrote

REAL LOUD. Of course the resulting hearing loss affected his higher
frequencies the most... like the voice of my late mother when she was
calling him. G

I believe that affliction is called "selective hearing loss."

I suffer that, also. Can you call that "suffering?" g
--
Jim in NC

Old February 13th 07, 01:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
C J Campbell

On Sun, 11 Feb 2007 16:37:25 -0800, Michelle P wrote
(in article t):

yesterday I finished my latest rating. Commercial Single Engine Sea! It
was a lot of fun. Now I have to get floats for the Maule!
I was actually having fun while training for the rating. That was a change.
Next year? CMES? That will round out the powered rating for me.

Michelle P

Congratulations, Michelle.

--
Waddling Eagle
World Famous Flight Instructor

Old February 13th 07, 04:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Capt.Doug

"Orval Fairbairn" wrote in message
Spruce Creek is near Daytona Beach, and is the largest (and best, IMHO)
residential airpark in the world. See scpoa.com .

A friend of mine has been after me to visit him at Spruce Creek. An MES
add-on would be a good reason to visit (as would an L-39 ride from my
friend). Does your friend have a website with contact numbers?

D.

Old February 13th 07, 02:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Kingfish

On Feb 12, 5:59 pm, "Montblack" Y4_NOT!...
wrote:
("Kingfish" wrote)

snip godawful 70's flashback tune

Quoting horrible Carpenters' songs in their entirety will NOT earn you any
points on this forum, bub...

Tell me why than
Oh why should it be that

We go on hurting each other
We go on hurting each other
Making each other cry
Hurting each other
Without ever knowing why

Can't we stop hurting each other
Gotta stop hurting each other
Making each other cry
Breaking each other's heart
Tearing each other apart

Montblack :-)

Well it's a dirty old shame when all you get from the Internet is a
wise ass...

with apologies to the late K.C

Kingfish (thinking "two can play that game")

Old February 13th 07, 03:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Michelle P

Capt.Doug wrote:
"Orval Fairbairn" wrote in message
Spruce Creek is near Daytona Beach, and is the largest (and best, IMHO)
residential airpark in the world. See scpoa.com .

A friend of mine has been after me to visit him at Spruce Creek. An MES
add-on would be a good reason to visit (as would an L-39 ride from my
friend). Does your friend have a website with contact numbers?

D.

what website are you looking for? Brown's, Spruce creek or something else?
Old February 13th 07, 08:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Orval Fairbairn

In article ,
"Capt.Doug" wrote:

"Orval Fairbairn" wrote in message
Spruce Creek is near Daytona Beach, and is the largest (and best, IMHO)
residential airpark in the world. See scpoa.com .

A friend of mine has been after me to visit him at Spruce Creek. An MES
add-on would be a good reason to visit (as would an L-39 ride from my
friend). Does your friend have a website with contact numbers?

D.

I don't believe that he has a website, but drop me an email and I will
send you his phone.

Who is your friend here who has tha L-39? Gus? Pete (The Blue Angels
one)? There is one more, but I don't know him.

Be sure to be here on Saturday morning, when we do out "Gaggle to
breakfast" flights. Just hold out your thumb for that one.