India rejects new Russian jets semi OT

Old December 15th 03, 02:53 AM
Chad Irby

In article ,
"Tarver Engineering" wrote:

Well actually, right now we are part of Boeing's new 747 Amended Type
certificate.

You know, like a video game, only real.

....and some day, you're going to actually read what I wrote and realize
I didn't say "video game."

But reading comprehension isn't in your skill set, is it?

cirby at cfl.rr.com

Slam on brakes accordingly.
Old December 15th 03, 10:10 AM
Yama

"Kevin Brooks" wrote in message
news
wrote in message
India has refused to accept a new batch of Russian Sukhoi combat jets
because of a high rate of engine failure in earlier batches bought as
part of one of the country's largest arms deals, a newspaper said on
Sunday.

The Sunday Express reported the air force had also suggested to the
Indian defense ministry to stop further payments to Rosvooruzheniye,
Russia's state arms exporter. The deal to buy the fighters and make
dozens more under license is estimated to be worth about $5 billion.

This would be better posted to RAM, where it might "cool the jets" (so to
speak) of the more vociferous "Su-30's are super fighters" crowd a bit...

It's just scare the Russians to provide better customer service. Indians are
too committed to Su-30 program to let go at this phase (replacement program
would be difficult and ruinously expensive), and Russians cannot afford to
lose their "shop window" customer.

Old December 15th 03, 06:40 PM
Tarver Engineering

"Chad Irby" wrote in message
In article ,
"Tarver Engineering" wrote:

Well actually, right now we are part of Boeing's new 747 Amended Type
certificate.

You know, like a video game, only real.

...and some day, you're going to actually read what I wrote and realize
I didn't say "video game."

A million sales and it's not a "video game"? That seems unlikely.

Old December 15th 03, 07:39 PM
Chad Irby

"Tarver Engineering" wrote:

A million sales and it's not a "video game"? That seems unlikely.

Well, it's one more thing you're obviously not very well educated on.

cirby at cfl.rr.com

Slam on brakes accordingly.
Old December 15th 03, 07:52 PM
Tarver Engineering

"Chad Irby" wrote in message
m...
"Tarver Engineering" wrote:

A million sales and it's not a "video game"? That seems unlikely.

Well, it's one more thing you're obviously not very well educated on.

I am well enough educated ojn numbers to know there are not a million
aircraft the same. So, what does your software do, Chad? Remember that
these are aviation newsgroups and make your post on topic.

Old December 15th 03, 08:28 PM
Chad Irby

In article ,
"Tarver Engineering" wrote:

"Chad Irby" wrote in message
m...
"Tarver Engineering" wrote:

A million sales and it's not a "video game"? That seems unlikely.

Well, it's one more thing you're obviously not very well educated on.

I am well enough educated ojn numbers to know there are not a million
aircraft the same. So, what does your software do, Chad?

For the second time, it's not a video game. You *really* have reading
and memory issues.

Remember that
these are aviation newsgroups and make your post on topic.

The topic is "how dumb is Tarver?" and you're proving it quite nicely.

cirby at cfl.rr.com

Slam on brakes accordingly.
Old December 16th 03, 06:15 PM
Chad Irby

In article ,
(Tuollaf43) wrote:

Chad Irby wrote in message
m...
In article ,
(Tuollaf43) wrote:

Not exactly off-topic for s.m.n. The Su-30MKI "super fighter" is an
equal opportunity machine, it wont discriminate between a radar site,
a fighter or a ship and will kill them all with equal aplomb. LOL!

Funny, I'd *like* my fighters to be able to tell which is which...

Why? What I would like is that after my fighters are done with the
target it should be difficult to tell what the target originally was
from the residual scrap metal and vapours.

My comment was, as you have *not* noticed, a very mild dig at someone
for writing something vague and puffed-up about a plane, when they
should have said it more clearly and simply (and honestly).

Although it would be somewhat interesting to kill a ship with an
air-to-air missile.

Su-30MKI weapon inventory includes Kh-31P, RVV-AE and PJ-10 for
anti-radar, anti-air and anti-ship work.

But since the original post claimed it "won't discriminate," you can't
tell what sort of weapon it's going to fire. "Oops, fired an air-to-air
at a ship, and dropped a bomb at another jet. I wish this plane could
discriminate between targets."

*That* was what I was talking about, and which you still can't manage to
get...

Can you kill ships with AAMs in your video game that sold a million
copies?

As I've mentioned to the idiot who *first* read my post wrong (and who
I've corrected *twice*), it wasn't a video game.

You need a better source for your failed insults than Tarver.

cirby at cfl.rr.com

Slam on brakes accordingly.
Old December 17th 03, 09:02 AM
Tuollaf43

Chad Irby wrote in message . com...
In article ,
(Tuollaf43) wrote:

Chad Irby wrote in message
m...
In article ,
(Tuollaf43) wrote:

Not exactly off-topic for s.m.n. The Su-30MKI "super fighter" is an
equal opportunity machine, it wont discriminate between a radar site,
a fighter or a ship and will kill them all with equal aplomb. LOL!

Funny, I'd *like* my fighters to be able to tell which is which...

Why? What I would like is that after my fighters are done with the
target it should be difficult to tell what the target originally was
from the residual scrap metal and vapours.

My comment was, as you have *not* noticed, a very mild dig at someone
for writing something vague and puffed-up about a plane, when they
should have said it more clearly and simply (and honestly).

And my original comment too, as you choose not to notice either, was a
jocular one on Su-30MKI making no discrimination in *killing* a target
- viz since it can kill ships it is clearly not off topic for s.m.n. I
did not talk about whether its sensors can distriminate target type
and ID it or about using AAMs for shooting at ships - it was an
unnecessary extrapolation on your part.

Although it would be somewhat interesting to kill a ship with an
air-to-air missile.

Su-30MKI weapon inventory includes Kh-31P, RVV-AE and PJ-10 for
anti-radar, anti-air and anti-ship work.

But since the original post claimed it "won't discriminate," you can't
tell what sort of weapon it's going to fire. "Oops, fired an air-to-air
at a ship, and dropped a bomb at another jet. I wish this plane could
discriminate between targets."

Like I said non discrimation was in killing part not ID'ing.

*That* was what I was talking about, and which you still can't manage to
get...

Can you kill ships with AAMs in your video game that sold a million
copies?

As I've mentioned to the idiot who *first* read my post wrong (and who
I've corrected *twice*), it wasn't a video game.

You need a better source for your failed insults than Tarver.

hmmm, hard to argue with this - Tarver is hardly the impeccable
factual source.

Just as a matter of interest - What software was this (if not a game)?
And how many copies were sold?