SH-60Fs Touch Rotors over Jacksonville

Old January 12th 07, 03:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
Rick

Default SH-60Fs Touch Rotors over Jacksonville

Anybody know anything about this? Supposedly two HS-3 Seahawks enroute
to USS Harry S Truman swapped paint over the Main Street Bridge in
Jacksonville. Both helos made successful emergency landings on
opposite riverbanks a half mile downstream from the bridge.

As of nightfall the helicopters had not been moved, and their
airworthiness had not been disclosed.

This is the first time I've ever heard of two helicopters surviving
midair contact.

Old January 12th 07, 06:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
John Keeney

Rick wrote:
Anybody know anything about this? Supposedly two HS-3 Seahawks enroute
to USS Harry S Truman swapped paint over the Main Street Bridge in
Jacksonville. Both helos made successful emergency landings on
opposite riverbanks a half mile downstream from the bridge.

As of nightfall the helicopters had not been moved, and their
airworthiness had not been disclosed.

This is the first time I've ever heard of two helicopters surviving
midair contact.

The one time I saw it -Hueys, call it 1970- they spiraled in away from
each other; big fireballs and lots of dead.

Old January 12th 07, 05:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
Rick

Update:

During the night, I'm told, the Navy trucked both birds back to NAS Jax.

Old February 20th 07, 01:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval
Gernot Hassenpflug

"Rick" writes:

Update:

During the night, I'm told, the Navy trucked both birds back to NAS Jax.

I hope those boys are going to communion, mass, or whatever other holy
ritual their faith demands :-) It's not often you can sit down in one
piece in a bar and start a story with "...and then we touched
rotors...". lucky lucky guys.
--
BOFH excuse #401:

Sales staff sold a product we don't offer.