flying club (was on r.a.p.)

Old February 2nd 04, 09:53 PM
R.Hubbell

Default flying club (was on r.a.p.)

Look at the http://wsvfc.org

Hi,

My firewall freaks out for some reason and won't let me go to the
above URL. What is the gist of the information on WSVFC?

Fix your firewall and have a look. The gist is that they have 50 or
so planes in their club.

For the moment, we are starting from scratch. There is no active FBO
at KIYK, Inyokern, California, nor is their an active club. The few
co-ownerships and partnerships are closed tight and the only rental aircraft
is a tired C-150.
The unanimous conclusion (there are three of us starting this out) is
the minimum aircraft is a Cessna 182 with a comprehensive IFR panel

3 way partnership? Or do you want to do a club?

including GPS. I'm lobbying for an autopilot but I may have to relinquish
that wish for an older model airplane to keep the buy-in within range. Seven
members would probably be our top number.

Tough call...get the plane that will be flown the most.

We would like to buy the airplane outright to keep from paying
financinc -- although we heard we could get a 6-3/4% loan up to $50,000 for
80% of the purchase price. I haven't shopped so I don't know if that is a
good rate. You tell me.

I was once told by a financer that they would do 100% but that
was wrong. But 6.75 seems ok. $380/month for 20 years?

The part you have to work out with partners is how you propose to
deal with the case that one of you can't pay the bills. Do you
make them get someone to replace themselves? You get the idea.

Most successful clubs seem to lease back the planes from
club members. Look at google for flying clubs and pattern yours
after ones you like. There's an advantage to learning from
others' successes.

If any one of you three are CFIs then a training platform would
help to keep the plane in the air and keep it paid for.

R. Hubbell

Casey

Old February 2nd 04, 11:53 PM
Ron Natalie

"R.Hubbell" wrote in message ...

Look at the http://wsvfc.org

Hi,

My firewall freaks out for some reason and won't let me go to the
above URL. What is the gist of the information on WSVFC?

Fix your firewall and have a look. The gist is that they have 50 or
so planes in their club.

Are you talking about the West Valley Flying Club?

If so there's no "S" in the URL:

http://www.wvfc.org

Old February 3rd 04, 01:04 AM
CFLav8r

Look at the http://wsvfc.org

Hi,

My firewall freaks out for some reason and won't let me go to the
above URL. What is the gist of the information on WSVFC?

According to register.com (whois?) wsvfc.org does not exsist.

David

Old February 3rd 04, 04:09 AM
R.Hubbell

On Mon, 2 Feb 2004 17:53:23 -0500 "Ron Natalie" wrote:

"R.Hubbell" wrote in message ...

Look at the http://wsvfc.org

Hi,

My firewall freaks out for some reason and won't let me go to the
above URL. What is the gist of the information on WSVFC?

Fix your firewall and have a look. The gist is that they have 50 or
so planes in their club.

Are you talking about the West Valley Flying Club?

If so there's no "S" in the URL:

http://www.wvfc.org

Yes, that's it. Was a typo.

R. Hubbell