A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

3-D map issues with SeeYou 9.2



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old September 12th 18, 08:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan[_6_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 151
Default 3-D map issues with SeeYou 9.2

recently my 3-D map view feature stopped working on SeeYou 9.2. It had been working great but now is hung up and all I see is a brown screen.
I've contacted the SeeYou help desk, they suggested to update my graphics card drivers, did that and still nothing. I'm waiting for further instructions from Naviter but I was wondering if anyone here can help.

Thanks in advance,
Dan
7DR
Ads
  #2  
Old September 13th 18, 03:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
SoaringXCellence
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 311
Default 3-D map issues with SeeYou 9.2

Download and reinstall the program, something got scrambled.
  #3  
Old September 13th 18, 06:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan[_6_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 151
Default 3-D map issues with SeeYou 9.2

Already tried that and it didn't work
Maybe try again
Thanks
  #4  
Old September 13th 18, 09:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Newport-Peace[_4_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 39
Default 3-D map issues with SeeYou 9.2

At 05:03 13 September 2018, Dan wrote:
Already tried that and it didn't work
Maybe try again
Thanks

Did it happen with the previous version (9.1)?
You can download 9.1 from
http://download.naviter.com/seeyou/9.1/wcusetup.exe
Tim Newport-Peace
http://www.newportpeace.co.uk/icom.htm

  #5  
Old September 13th 18, 02:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan[_6_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 151
Default 3-D map issues with SeeYou 9.2

On Thursday, September 13, 2018 at 1:15:05 AM UTC-7, Tim Newport-Peace wrote:
At 05:03 13 September 2018, Dan wrote:
Already tried that and it didn't work
Maybe try again
Thanks

Did it happen with the previous version (9.1)?
You can download 9.1 from
http://download.naviter.com/seeyou/9.1/wcusetup.exe
Tim Newport-Peace
http://www.newportpeace.co.uk/icom.htm


Thanks Tim,
Good idea but it didn't work either
Very frustrating!
Dan
  #6  
Old September 13th 18, 03:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Daly[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 492
Default 3-D map issues with SeeYou 9.2

On Thursday, September 13, 2018 at 9:52:26 AM UTC-4, Dan wrote:
On Thursday, September 13, 2018 at 1:15:05 AM UTC-7, Tim Newport-Peace wrote:
At 05:03 13 September 2018, Dan wrote:
Already tried that and it didn't work
Maybe try again
Thanks


Thanks Tim,
Good idea but it didn't work either
Very frustrating!
Dan


After you reinstalled the graphics drivers, did you remember to confirm that the laptop isn't using the integrated graphics (i.e., did you switch to the internal graphics card from the integrated graphics on the CPU)? Reinstalling sometimes makes the graphics go to default (integrated) settings.

  #7  
Old September 13th 18, 07:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan[_6_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 151
Default 3-D map issues with SeeYou 9.2

On Thursday, September 13, 2018 at 7:04:21 AM UTC-7, Dan Daly wrote:
On Thursday, September 13, 2018 at 9:52:26 AM UTC-4, Dan wrote:
On Thursday, September 13, 2018 at 1:15:05 AM UTC-7, Tim Newport-Peace wrote:
At 05:03 13 September 2018, Dan wrote:
Already tried that and it didn't work
Maybe try again
Thanks


Thanks Tim,
Good idea but it didn't work either
Very frustrating!
Dan


After you reinstalled the graphics drivers, did you remember to confirm that the laptop isn't using the integrated graphics (i.e., did you switch to the internal graphics card from the integrated graphics on the CPU)? Reinstalling sometimes makes the graphics go to default (integrated) settings.


Hi Dan, No I didn't do that, but I don't know how to do what you are suggesting can you walk me through that step?
Thanks, Dan
  #8  
Old September 13th 18, 07:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Daly[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 492
Default 3-D map issues with SeeYou 9.2

On Thursday, September 13, 2018 at 2:05:12 PM UTC-4, Dan wrote:
On Thursday, September 13, 2018 at 7:04:21 AM UTC-7, Dan Daly wrote:
On Thursday, September 13, 2018 at 9:52:26 AM UTC-4, Dan wrote:
On Thursday, September 13, 2018 at 1:15:05 AM UTC-7, Tim Newport-Peace wrote:
At 05:03 13 September 2018, Dan wrote:
Already tried that and it didn't work
Maybe try again
Thanks

Thanks Tim,
Good idea but it didn't work either
Very frustrating!
Dan


After you reinstalled the graphics drivers, did you remember to confirm that the laptop isn't using the integrated graphics (i.e., did you switch to the internal graphics card from the integrated graphics on the CPU)? Reinstalling sometimes makes the graphics go to default (integrated) settings..


Hi Dan, No I didn't do that, but I don't know how to do what you are suggesting can you walk me through that step?
Thanks, Dan


Depends on what operating system, and what kind of video card; here is a how-to:
https://www.techadvisor.co.uk/how-to...-card-3612668/

You only have to do this once for SeeYou, then it will select the correct video driver.

Dan


  #9  
Old September 13th 18, 08:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan[_6_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 151
Default 3-D map issues with SeeYou 9.2

On Thursday, September 13, 2018 at 11:15:05 AM UTC-7, Dan Daly wrote:
On Thursday, September 13, 2018 at 2:05:12 PM UTC-4, Dan wrote:
On Thursday, September 13, 2018 at 7:04:21 AM UTC-7, Dan Daly wrote:
On Thursday, September 13, 2018 at 9:52:26 AM UTC-4, Dan wrote:
On Thursday, September 13, 2018 at 1:15:05 AM UTC-7, Tim Newport-Peace wrote:
At 05:03 13 September 2018, Dan wrote:
Already tried that and it didn't work
Maybe try again
Thanks

Thanks Tim,
Good idea but it didn't work either
Very frustrating!
Dan

After you reinstalled the graphics drivers, did you remember to confirm that the laptop isn't using the integrated graphics (i.e., did you switch to the internal graphics card from the integrated graphics on the CPU)? Reinstalling sometimes makes the graphics go to default (integrated) settings.


Hi Dan, No I didn't do that, but I don't know how to do what you are suggesting can you walk me through that step?
Thanks, Dan


Depends on what operating system, and what kind of video card; here is a how-to:
https://www.techadvisor.co.uk/how-to...-card-3612668/

You only have to do this once for SeeYou, then it will select the correct video driver.

Dan


I think I did this correctly but it too seems to have no effect. Very frustrating.
Thanks for trying,
Dan
  #10  
Old September 13th 18, 11:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Darryl Ramm
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,186
Default 3-D map issues with SeeYou 9.2



Yer 'ol laptop only has integrated graphics, so all this does not apply.


On Thursday, September 13, 2018 at 12:00:29 PM UTC-7, Dan wrote:
On Thursday, September 13, 2018 at 11:15:05 AM UTC-7, Dan Daly wrote:
On Thursday, September 13, 2018 at 2:05:12 PM UTC-4, Dan wrote:
On Thursday, September 13, 2018 at 7:04:21 AM UTC-7, Dan Daly wrote:
On Thursday, September 13, 2018 at 9:52:26 AM UTC-4, Dan wrote:
On Thursday, September 13, 2018 at 1:15:05 AM UTC-7, Tim Newport-Peace wrote:
At 05:03 13 September 2018, Dan wrote:
Already tried that and it didn't work
Maybe try again
Thanks

Thanks Tim,
Good idea but it didn't work either
Very frustrating!
Dan

After you reinstalled the graphics drivers, did you remember to confirm that the laptop isn't using the integrated graphics (i.e., did you switch to the internal graphics card from the integrated graphics on the CPU)? Reinstalling sometimes makes the graphics go to default (integrated) settings.

Hi Dan, No I didn't do that, but I don't know how to do what you are suggesting can you walk me through that step?
Thanks, Dan


Depends on what operating system, and what kind of video card; here is a how-to:
https://www.techadvisor.co.uk/how-to...-card-3612668/

You only have to do this once for SeeYou, then it will select the correct video driver.

Dan


I think I did this correctly but it too seems to have no effect. Very frustrating.
Thanks for trying,
Dan


 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OLC issues Ramy Soaring 4 June 10th 09 07:55 AM
OLC issues Ramy Soaring 9 March 5th 09 05:58 AM
SeeYou Mobile and CAI 302 Issues Resolved? Frank Soaring 1 December 29th 06 12:09 AM
Seeyou NMEA to Winpilot/Seeyou Jean Soaring 4 June 3rd 06 11:38 AM
Issues around de-ice on a 182 Andrew Gideon Owning 35 July 18th 04 06:42 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2018 AviationBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.