Interiors

Old August 15th 04, 03:14 PM
Dico Reyers

Default Interiors

Hello,

We have a 67 Mooney m20e Super 21 with the original interior.
Needless to say it is quite dated. The plane flies great, fast and is
fuel efficient... but it just doesn't look great. Some of the plastic
is cracked and turning yellowish and the upholstery is wearing.

I am wondering if someone could point me to a good, affordable, shop
that can redo the interiour to make it more modern.

Thanks,

Dico
Old August 15th 04, 04:27 PM
Jay Honeck

I am wondering if someone could point me to a good, affordable, shop
that can redo the interiour to make it more modern.

Where are you located?
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old August 15th 04, 11:40 PM
Dico Reyers

I am located in Prince Edward Island, Canada, on the east coast. CYYG.

-dr

Old August 16th 04, 04:09 AM
Jay Honeck

I am located in Prince Edward Island, Canada, on the east coast. CYYG.

Well, unless you're willing to travel a VERY long ways, I don't think my
recommendations will help you much!

;-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old August 16th 04, 03:57 PM
Dan Luke

"Jay Honeck" wrote:
I am located in Prince Edward Island, Canada, on the east coast. CYYG.

Well, unless you're willing to travel a VERY long ways, I don't think my
recommendations will help you much!

I'd be interested, Jay, in how you feel about the job done on your airplane
now that you've "lived in it" a while. What was that shop again?

--
Dan
C-172RG at BFM

Old August 18th 04, 02:45 AM
Jay Honeck

Well, unless you're willing to travel a VERY long ways, I don't think my
recommendations will help you much!

I'd be interested, Jay, in how you feel about the job done on your

airplane
now that you've "lived in it" a while. What was that shop again?

We love our interior, Dan.

The new seats are incredibly more comfortable than the old ones, the leather
is holding up well to "kid abuse" and continues to get rave reviews from all
those who see it, and the side panels and carpeting are wearing well, too.
And it still smells like leather on a warm day!

It was well-spent money, even though getting it done about drove me nuts.
The shop is Goodenow Upholstery, located on the Clinton, IA airport. Frank
Goodenow is the owner.

See his stuff at :

http://aircraftupholstery.com/

Don't email him -- he won't answer. Call him.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old August 18th 04, 04:40 PM
Dan Luke

"Jay Honeck" wrote:
It was well-spent money, even though getting it done about
drove me nuts.

Yeah, I re-read the thread. It's a long way from Mobile to Clinton to be
dealing with that kind of stuff. I think I'll keep looking, but I'll keep
your guy in mind.

Thanks for the update.
--
Dan
C-172RG at BFM

Old August 18th 04, 04:56 PM
Jay Honeck

Yeah, I re-read the thread. It's a long way from Mobile to Clinton to be
dealing with that kind of stuff. I think I'll keep looking, but I'll keep
your guy in mind.

Your best bet, Dan, is to plan on spending a few weeks with us if you do!

;-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old August 18th 04, 09:48 PM
Dan Luke

"Jay Honeck" wrote:
Yeah, I re-read the thread. It's a long way from Mobile to Clinton to

be
dealing with that kind of stuff. I think I'll keep looking, but I'll

keep
your guy in mind.

Your best bet, Dan, is to plan on spending a few weeks with
us if you do!

What's the monthly rate? 8^)

Old August 19th 04, 09:39 PM
Jay Honeck