Blue Angel Solo #5 on sneak pass 04Apr07

Old April 4th 07, 07:38 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Tom Callahan

Default Blue Angel Solo #5 on sneak pass 04Apr07

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5401 dppT.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	186.1 KB
ID:	8712
Old April 4th 07, 09:25 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
MWB[_2_]

I really enjoy your photos.

Thanks
Mark

Old April 4th 07, 09:29 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Allen[_1_]

"Tom Callahan" wrote in message

That appears to be a little lower than the sneak pass I usually see : )
Good shot!

Old April 4th 07, 11:15 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Peavey_HP_Signature_Guy

I have always been intrigued by the condensation ring thing...very
cool...and...that's a fast ass camera/lens you got!

Old April 4th 07, 11:19 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Tom Callahan

I'm glad. Each day I learn more about the camera, light, dust, software,
etc. Pretty soon I'm gonna be dangerous!!
Today the sky was dark behind us but peeking out at the aircraft once in a
while and at the same time the sky to the north was sort of washed out. I
almost missed the sneak pass because they flew the low show, I didn't know
what was next on the routine, forgot to watch the time (it's usually in the
17th minute), etc, etc. I heard him but couldn't see him because of a C-130
parked to my left and I got the camera to my eye in time to take four burst
shots directly to the front. Luck, pure luck, Tom

"MWB" wrote in message
I really enjoy your photos.

Thanks
Mark

Old April 4th 07, 11:23 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Tom Callahan

Actually, it's a 100-400mm lens with a 4.5-5.6 aperture. I was shooting at
ISO 200 with a shutter speed of 500 and the camera was picking the f stop.
Someday I'll learn a better way to take aviation photos so I can move up a
notch or two on the quality ratings, Tom

Old April 5th 07, 07:09 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bob Harrington

"Tom Callahan" wrote in
:

Attachment decoded: IMG_5401 dppT.jpg

~Really~ nice set, Tom!

Bob ^,,^

Blue Angel solo - sort of, that is...... Tom Callahan Aviation Photos 3 March 28th 07 09:27 PM
Blue Angel solos landing Tom Callahan Aviation Photos 0 December 27th 06 04:55 PM
Blue Angel down? Rosspilot Piloting 5 December 3rd 04 05:26 AM
Blue Angel F-18 Crashes RA-5C Naval Aviation 0 December 2nd 04 05:16 AM
F/A-18A Navy Blue Angel Hornet on Ebay Michael 182 Piloting 1 February 16th 04 05:08 PM