The Unbearable Lightness of (Not) Being

Old June 13th 07, 02:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Dan Luke

Default The Unbearable Lightness of (Not) Being

....an aircraft owner.

I was able to stand it for one week.

--
Dan
T-182T at BFM

Old June 13th 07, 03:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
john smith[_2_]

In article ,
"Dan Luke" wrote:

...an aircraft owner.

I was able to stand it for one week.

Congratulations Dan!
Keep us aprised of how your glass cockpit training comes along.
Old June 13th 07, 12:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Dan Luke

"john smith" wrote:

Keep us aprised of how your glass cockpit training comes along.

I've done the King Schools course. Standard John and Martha stuff; pretty
good.

The insurance carrier wants me to submit logs of 4 hours of dual G1000
instruction before the'll cover me solo.

--
Dan
T-182T at BFM

Old June 13th 07, 03:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Peter R.

On 6/12/2007 9:11:57 PM, "Dan Luke" wrote:

...an aircraft owner.

I was able to stand it for one week.

Awesome and hilarious! A big congratulations to you for what reads like a
nice bird. Post a link with some pictures if you can.

I assume that Angel Flight Southeast has *not* lost a pilot, then?

--
Peter
Old June 13th 07, 05:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Dan Luke

"Peter R." wrote:

Awesome and hilarious! A big congratulations to you for what reads like a
nice bird. Post a link with some pictures if you can.

http://rides.webshots.com/album/559437187xuvaYf

I assume that Angel Flight Southeast has *not* lost a pilot, then?

Nope. I'm not flying any IMC until I get some hours on it, though.

--
Dan

T-182T at BFM

Old June 13th 07, 06:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Peter R.

On 6/13/2007 12:55:09 PM, "Dan Luke" wrote:

http://rides.webshots.com/album/559437187xuvaYf

Wow... nice wings.

--
Peter
Old June 13th 07, 06:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Rob

On Jun 13, 9:55 am, "Dan Luke" wrote:
http://rides.webshots.com/album/559437187xuvaYf

Wow. Nice ride Dan! Welcome back .

-R
'79 AA5B

Old June 13th 07, 06:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
john smith

Dan, what influenced you to select a turbocharged model?
Old June 13th 07, 07:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Dan Luke

"john smith" wrote:

Dan, what influenced you to select a turbocharged model?

Many long, slow climbs to 11,000 feet only to discover that it still wasn't
high enough to clear the towering CUs.

Also, I have friends and family out West and I want to fly over some tall
terrain.

--
Dan
T-182T at BFM

Old June 13th 07, 07:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Dan Luke

"Rob" wrote:

:
http://rides.webshots.com/album/559437187xuvaYf

Wow. Nice ride Dan! Welcome back .

It's good to be back.

That old saying that "two of the happiest days in a man's life are the day he
buys a boat and the day he sells it" did not apply to me and my airplane. I
felt like I'd sold my best friend.

The fact is, I love owning an airplane. Obviously I'm willing to put up with
a lot more crap than I thought to be able to fly (almost) any time I want to.

--
Dan
T-182T at BFM