Butterfly sometimes displays hex ID instead of ID from FLARMnet

Old January 5th 21, 04:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Nadler

Default Butterfly sometimes displays hex ID instead of ID from FLARMnet

Sorry, try again as separate thread...

On Monday, September 28, 2020 at 10:01:01 AM UTC-4, Dave Nadler wrote:
...it has been reported that latest Butterfly software (4.0 DRN)
**sometimes** displays HexID and most times displays ID from FLARMnet.
If someone can get me a video of that behavior...

Thanks for the help,
Best Regards, Dave

I have found an old bug in the Butterfly software that *may* explain
this behavior. Because of other changes, it may happen more frequently
than old Butterfly versions.

I still need some help, ideally someone who can get video of the old
behavior and then try a fix...

Thanks in advance for any help,
Best Regards, Dave
Old January 7th 21, 12:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Herbert kilian

On Tuesday, January 5, 2021 at 10:04:58 AM UTC-6, wrote:
Sorry, try again as separate thread...
On Monday, September 28, 2020 at 10:01:01 AM UTC-4, Dave Nadler wrote:
...it has been reported that latest Butterfly software (4.0 DRN)
**sometimes** displays HexID and most times displays ID from FLARMnet.
If someone can get me a video of that behavior...

Thanks for the help,
Best Regards, Dave

I have found an old bug in the Butterfly software that *may* explain
this behavior. Because of other changes, it may happen more frequently
than old Butterfly versions.

I still need some help, ideally someone who can get video of the old
behavior and then try a fix...

Thanks in advance for any help,
Best Regards, Dave

Dave, will a bug wiper work in this case?
Old January 10th 21, 01:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Nadler

On 1/6/2021 7:52 PM, Herbert Kilian wrote:
On Tuesday, January 5, 2021 at 10:04:58 AM UTC-6, wrote:
Sorry, try again as separate thread...
On Monday, September 28, 2020 at 10:01:01 AM UTC-4, Dave Nadler wrote:
...it has been reported that latest Butterfly software (4.0 DRN)
**sometimes** displays HexID and most times displays ID from FLARMnet.
If someone can get me a video of that behavior...

Thanks for the help,
Best Regards, Dave

I have found an old bug in the Butterfly software that *may* explain
this behavior. Because of other changes, it may happen more frequently
than old Butterfly versions.

I still need some help, ideally someone who can get video of the old
behavior and then try a fix...

Thanks in advance for any help,
Best Regards, Dave
Dave, will a bug wiper work in this case?

Herb, that's brilliant!
Why didn't I think of that???
I will immediately add the bug-wiper option to the new glider.
Should help also with the SN10C.
Thanks!
Old January 24th 21, 10:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Nadler

On 1/5/2021 11:04 AM, Dave Nadler wrote:
Sorry, try again as separate thread...

On Monday, September 28, 2020 at 10:01:01 AM UTC-4, Dave Nadler wrote:
...it has been reported that latest Butterfly software (4.0 DRN)
**sometimes** displays HexID and most times displays ID from FLARMnet.
If someone can get me a video of that behavior...

Thanks for the help,
Best Regards, Dave

I have found an old bug in the Butterfly software that *may* explain
this behavior. Because of other changes, it may happen more frequently
than with old Butterfly versions.

I still need some help, ideally someone who can get video of the old
behavior and then try a fix...

Thanks in advance for any help,
Best Regards, Dave

Thanks to Nicholas for making a video to confirm bug behavior,
and then confirming the latest version is indeed fixed.

Can anyone else help with testing this update prior general release?
Preferably with at least a couple FLARMs with FLARMnet ID.
If so contact me directly.

Thanks,
Best Regards, Dave

PowerFLARM bug loading FLARMnet DB file into Butterfly Dave Nadler Soaring 2 January 5th 21 02:51 PM
Bell AH-1Z Viper pics [3/7] - AH-1Z pilots wearing helmet mounted displays (displays not shown)..jpg (1/1) Miloch Aviation Photos 0 September 13th 19 02:40 PM
FlarmNet Dan Marotta Soaring 6 April 18th 17 02:51 AM
Sale: Butterfly FLARM Displays Paul Remde Soaring 0 November 7th 14 09:42 PM
FlarmNet Brad[_2_] Soaring 6 August 26th 12 06:35 PM