Taxi calculator? (propeller type and speed, aircraft weight, taxi speed)

Old February 6th 11, 03:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
John Doe[_4_]

Default Taxi calculator? (propeller type and speed, aircraft weight, taxi speed)

heirophant wrote:

John Doe wrote:
heirophant wrote:
John Doe wrote:
heirophant heremypants hushmail.com wrote:
John Doe wrote:

Is there such a calculation/formula? How can you tell what
propeller to use, how fast it should rotate, and how much
weight it can push along the ground?

Specifically... I would like to tell what sort and size of
propeller rotating at what speed, in calm air to push 100
or 200 pounds on smooth and level pavement with zero
rolling resistance to about 20 mph.

Far too little information to arrive at an answer. Could you
tighten the variables a bit?

What other variables do you need?

How quickly do you wish to reach Xmph,

Five or ten seconds.

what would you allow for maximum efficiency of the propeller

Whatever type of propeller is best for taxing purposes.

and what are the limitations of your power output to the
propeller,

None. The propeller spins that whatever RPM is needed.

and are we rolling or standing start?

Standing.

I suppose the wind resistance of a typical light/small aircraft
on the ground would be in the ballpark.

Here we have come to an impasse. You wish to receive a set of
answers to a very difficult question

Granted, very difficult. Probably mainly because propeller power
is rarely used for land based vehicles.

unknowing that the quality or response, or any response,

I get what I pay for.

lies in providing a full set of the variables.

I jumped through that hoop last time.

Love to help you out but before I put forward any additional
effort, why is it that you need the answers.

Yes, and I would love to keep asking...

According to YouTube, a significant number of people have used
propeller power for pushing a bicycle. I wonder if any of them
have calculated their design, or if all of them have been simple
experiments. That is probably what I will end up doing some day.

But, somehow I doubt there is a forum for propeller powered
bicycles, lol, anywhere on the Internet.

Old February 6th 11, 03:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
John Doe[_4_]

heirophant heremypants hushmail.com wrote:

*PLONKIES*

He runs off to play with his imaginary kill file friend...

heremypants hushmail.com
http://heremypants.weebly.com/

From: heirophant heremypants hushmail.com
Newsgroups: rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.av iation.homebuilt
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2011 22:15:36 -0500

Old February 6th 11, 04:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Daryl Hunt[_4_]

On 2/5/2011 8:32 PM, John Doe wrote:
wrote:

John Doe wrote:
John Doe wrote:

[...]

And you would be wrong. Look at
http://motorbicycling.com/f36/propel...some-7683.html

And to give you a demo, go to
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7h7AmVPpaEY

Or how about
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7h97...eature=related if you
are into 4 wheeled insanity.

Now for something that actually worked and was licensed.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KSOS...eature=related

But the skate board, can of beans with the funnel up you butt is
still my suggestion for you. Oh, make sure you stop real fast
once. That would really cause a lot of laughs at the nearest
emergency room. They wouldn't see that every day.

Old February 6th 11, 04:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
John Doe[_4_]

I said "forum", ****, not a single thread.

And to give you a demo, go to
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7h7AmVPpaEY

Apparently you did not read my post, ****, I said that there are a
few propeller powered bicycles on YouTube.

I'm glad some of you find the subject interesting, even the
clueless trolls.

From: Daryl Hunt dhunt nspami70west.com
Newsgroups: rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.av iation.homebuilt
Date: Sat, 05 Feb 2011 21:03:35 -0700

Old February 6th 11, 04:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Daryl Hunt[_4_]

On 2/5/2011 9:52 PM, John Doe wrote:
Daryl Huntdhunt nspami70west.com wrote:

And you would be wrong. Look at
http://motorbicycling.com/f36/propel...some-7683.html

I said "forum", ****, not a single thread.

You asked and I delivered. So you change the rules to fit your
troll. Good for you.

And to give you a demo, go to
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7h7AmVPpaEY

Apparently you did not read my post, ****, I said that there are a
few propeller powered bicycles on YouTube.

I'm glad some of you find the subject interesting, even the
clueless trolls.

Now, about that skate board, can of beans, funnel where the sun
don't shine and a fast stop.

Old February 6th 11, 05:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
John Doe[_4_]

Daryl Hunt dhunt nspami70west.com wrote:

Now, about that skate board, can of beans, funnel where the sun
don't shine and a fast stop.

Confucius say:
"He who is constantly exposing his ass should beware of funnels"
Old February 6th 11, 11:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Atheist Chaplain[_2_]

Default bull**** replies

"John Doe" wrote in message
eb.com...
Daryl Hunt dhunt nspami70west.com wrote:

Thank for making my point for me.

Why do you post so much noise and then whine about too much noise,
****?

And by the way, ****, are you a spammer? What other nyms do you
use?

oops the troll has regressed to name calling :-)

--
[This comment is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Church of
Scientology International]

Old February 6th 11, 05:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Dan[_12_]

On 2/6/2011 5:30 AM, Atheist Chaplain wrote:

"John Doe" wrote in message
eb.com...
Daryl Hunt dhunt nspami70west.com wrote:

Thank for making my point for me.

Why do you post so much noise and then whine about too much noise,
****?

And by the way, ****, are you a spammer? What other nyms do you
use?

oops the troll has regressed to name calling :-)

**** = can't understand normal talk, you know, like this John Doe
character.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired
Old February 6th 11, 07:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Schiffner

Insufficient data...obvious answer is do your own homework. Oh and get
a clue.
Old February 6th 11, 07:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
george

On Feb 7, 6:48*am, Dan wrote:

* **** = can't understand normal talk, you know, like this John Doe
character.

Well translated :-)

Taxi calculator? (propeller type and speed, aircraft weight, taxi speed) John Doe[_4_] General Aviation 0 February 3rd 11 10:55 PM
Taxi speed Hilton Piloting 21 April 10th 07 01:03 AM
Any info on WC Pye Course & Speed Calculator Jack McAdams Owning 2 June 23rd 04 03:55 PM
Any info on WC Pye Course & Speed Calculator Jack McAdams Piloting 2 June 23rd 04 03:55 PM