What level of commercial operation can an owner operator goto under FAR91?

Old October 16th 04, 02:04 PM
Peter Bondar

Default What level of commercial operation can an owner operator goto under FAR91?

I'm thinking of putting my next plane on an N reg. MEP class.

To offset the costs some extra income woud be nice!

If I have a commercial rating, IR and MEP can I :-

a) Offer pleasure flights in my plane?

b) Offer a point to point service for someone who approached me?

c) Allow someone else to hire the plane dry rate and seperately hire a
pilot and fly it?

d) Instruct, assuming a CFI rating.

e) Carry cargo for others

f) Anything else?

RSVP

Old October 16th 04, 05:03 PM
Vaughn

"Peter Bondar" wrote in message
I'm thinking of putting my next plane on an N reg. MEP class.

To offset the costs some extra income woud be nice!

If I have a commercial rating, IR and MEP can I :-

a) Offer pleasure flights in my plane?

b) Offer a point to point service for someone who approached me?

c) Allow someone else to hire the plane dry rate and seperately hire a
pilot and fly it?

d) Instruct, assuming a CFI rating.

e) Carry cargo for others

f) Anything else?

What country do you plan on operating in? If you now have an American
license and seriously do not already know the answers to at least SOME of your
above questions, you urgently need to turn off your computer and stick your head
into a FAR/AIM before you proceed. Come back here for discussion of the finer
points if your reading produces some specific questions.

After having done that, you then need to have a heart-to-heart talk with your
insurance agent. Let us know how it goes.

Vaughn

RSVP

Old October 16th 04, 05:36 PM
Newps

Peter Bondar wrote:

I'm thinking of putting my next plane on an N reg. MEP class.

To offset the costs some extra income woud be nice!

If I have a commercial rating, IR and MEP can I :-

What's MEP? Assuming you are in the US...

a) Offer pleasure flights in my plane?

Yep.

b) Offer a point to point service for someone who approached me?

Nope, you would need a Part 135 operating certificate.

c) Allow someone else to hire the plane dry rate and seperately hire a
pilot and fly it?

Part 135

d) Instruct, assuming a CFI rating.

Yep.

e) Carry cargo for others

Part 135.

f) Anything else?

Maybe.

Old October 17th 04, 02:40 AM
Vaughn

"Newps" wrote in message

f) Anything else?

Tow gliders, tow banners, sky writing, spread ashes, aerial photography,
power line inspection, traffic reporting, fish spotting, airshow acts, custom
airstrikes, ... there must be more???

Vaughn

Maybe.