mystery of the colored flashing lights

Old March 30th 07, 04:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Default mystery of the colored flashing lights

Sorry for being a little off topic, but I think you will see why this
group is a good one for this post.

On Feb 18, 2007, I visited a pilot who lives in the Oakland, CA hills
about 5 nm north of KOAK. He related a story of having seen
multicolored flashing lights in the air at night in the general
direction of SF Bay. These lights appeared fairly motionless and at
first he thought they were a blimp of some sort. After watching for 10
minutes or so, he observed the lights change direction and move in a
westerly direction and a fairly high rate of speed, faster than a
blimp and about the speed of a jet if it was over the water. He
indicated that this happened a couple of nights in the preceding weeks
(Jan/Feb, 2007).

I thought perhaps he'd been reading too many sci fi books except that
later that night, I boarded a jet at KSFO. I happened to have a window
seat and as we turned onto 28R for our night departure, lo and behold
there it was at an angle of about 45 degrees to the runway. It was
hard to tell how far away it was but it was low to the horizon and
there were many flashing multicolored lights spread out over a small
area of the night sky.

This had to be plainly visible to any pilot flying that night. I know
there are quite a few Bay Area pilots that read this forum. Anyone
seen or heard of this? Any NOTAMS describe an activity that would be
compatible?

My pilot contact says that he has had no more sightings since Feb.

Old March 30th 07, 03:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Peter R.

On 3/29/2007 11:03:15 PM, wrote:

These lights appeared fairly motionless and at
first he thought they were a blimp of some sort. After watching for 10
minutes or so, he observed the lights change direction and move in a
westerly direction and a fairly high rate of speed, faster than a
blimp and about the speed of a jet if it was over the water.

The first idea that crosses my mind is a jet that is approaching your
friend's vantage point and then turns 90 degrees right or left.

--
Peter
Old March 30th 07, 04:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

On Mar 30, 7:42 am, "Peter R." wrote:
On 3/29/2007 11:03:15 PM, wrote:

These lights appeared fairly motionless and at
first he thought they were a blimp of some sort. After watching for 10
minutes or so, he observed the lights change direction and move in a
westerly direction and a fairly high rate of speed, faster than a
blimp and about the speed of a jet if it was over the water.

The first idea that crosses my mind is a jet that is approaching your
friend's vantage point and then turns 90 degrees right or left.

--
Peter

The object had about 20 multicolored lights that flashed on and off
over several seconds. It was diffuse (black area between the lights)
and it appeared motionless for 8-10 minutes before moving off rapidly.
It didn't look like any jet I've seen.

Old March 31st 07, 06:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Judah

wrote in news:1175223797.954224.108230
@n59g2000hsh.googlegroups.com:

I thought perhaps he'd been reading too many sci fi books except that
later that night, I boarded a jet at KSFO. I happened to have a window
seat and as we turned onto 28R for our night departure, lo and behold
there it was at an angle of about 45 degrees to the runway. It was
hard to tell how far away it was but it was low to the horizon and
there were many flashing multicolored lights spread out over a small
area of the night sky.

This was a final wave of scouting ships from my home planet, Xenodorph. It
is approximately 11.2 Billion Light Years from here.

The people of my planet have been monitoring you for about 6000 rotations
of your planet around its primary star. In early days, we assisted your
people by correcting certain injustices, and delivering certain
information, sometimes in the form of large tablets or scrolls. We were
very active early in our monitoring program, but have since become quite
content to watch your how your species would fare without our help.

For a very long time you performed quite well, and we were proud.
Unfortunately, lately you have begun to let us down.

So we have decided to prepare for action anew. We came to this conclusion
when we observed your people annoint a cowboy as King. This cowboy clearly
suffers from long-term brain cell damage caused by methamphetamine abuse,
and we took this as a sign that your population clearly has lost it's
senses. This conclusion was reaffirmed after your people allowed him to
continue serving as king a second time, even though he nearly destroyed the
economy, and started slaughtering people on whim and fancy.

We initially assumed that the only reason this could be possible is that
everyone is uncontrollably scared of this king's unpredictable and
untethered barbarism. They even went as far as to return him to reign after
most of the people demonstrated that they did not want him there. However,
we have since observed that in his efforts to remove freedom from his
subjects, he has lulled them into a false sense of security and hypnotized
most of them into believing that he is a good king.

As such, we believe it is time to act, and have made our base on an
uninhabitable island in your Pacific Ocean, and are continuing our
monitoring from there until such time that we are properly prepared to come
to your aid.

Unlike this king, though, we do not begin an action of such consequence
until we have finalized our plan and are sure we can execute it properly
within certain reasonable tolerances.
Old March 31st 07, 07:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Mxsmanic

Judah writes:

This was a final wave of scouting ships from my home planet, Xenodorph. It
is approximately 11.2 Billion Light Years from here.

You realize, of course, that your attempt at humor may be insulting and
disrespectful to real extraterrestrials on this group, don't you?

Old March 31st 07, 08:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Judah

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

You realize, of course, that your attempt at humor may be insulting and
disrespectful to real extraterrestrials on this group, don't you?

I apologize for insulting you then. I wasn't thinking clearly.
Old April 1st 07, 01:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
john smith[_2_]

In article ,
Judah wrote:

[...]

For an advanced civilization, you don't seem very enlightened.
Old April 1st 07, 04:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
RST Engineering

I'd say just about as unenlightened as somebody who posts a one line reply
to a 50 line article without learning to SNIP, DAMMIT.

Jim

Old April 1st 07, 06:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
john smith[_2_]

In article ,
"RST Engineering" wrote:

I'd say just about as unenlightened as somebody who posts a one line reply
to a 50 line article without learning to SNIP, DAMMIT.

You count the number of lines????