Oshkosh 2003 Redux

Old August 4th 03, 04:31 AM
Sydney Hoeltzli

Default Oshkosh 2003 Redux

Jay Honeck wrote:

(remainder of cool description deleted. I dunno Jay, Oshkosh sounds
too deadly to the budget...)

With this statement he stopped, and asked "why not Lightspeeds?" I then
proceeded to tell him my tale of woe (three sets, purchased over three
years, all back in the shop on multiple occasions, etc.) in a very
unemotional way. I told him that the product was great, and their customer
service was fabulous, but that I was simply not able to live with a product
that kept breaking -- no matter HOW good the repair service was. It was
only then that I noticed that he was wearing a very subtle "Lightspeed
Aviation" shirt -- oh, crap!

At this point he stopped and introduced himself -- as the PRESIDENT OF
LIGHTSPEED!

I couldn't believe it. I had just spent five minutes absolutely
eviscerating his company, and he was still being polite! More importantly,
he was LISTENING, and when I was done he absolutely, 100% admitted
everything. Every quality control issue, every stupid design flaw that I've
bitched about here long and hard -- he ADMITTED, and apologized for...

Then, the best part. Because Mary and I represent his "ideal customers" --
meaning that we've spent almost $1500 with him over the course of three
years, I presume -- he wants to keep our future business. He pulled me
aside, gave me his card, and told me that "when we get back to the real
world" I should give him a call, and he will send me, absolutely FREE, a new
pair of 30Gs, just for being patient with them! How's THAT for customer
service?

A Diner While Dining in Crewe
Found Quite a Large Rat in his Stew
Said the Waiter, "Don't Shout
Don't Wave it About
Or the Rest will be wanting one too
the Rest will be wanting one too!

Cheers,
Sydney

Old August 6th 03, 06:18 AM
Sydney Hoeltzli

Jim Weir wrote:
There was a young lady named Sydney
Who drank 'til she ruined her kidney.
It shriveled and shrank
As she sat there and drank
But she had a good time doin' it, didn't she?

I love it! Did you just make it up? One
effort deserves another:

There was an old pilot named Jim
Who flew off to Oshkosh on a whim
He got in a fight
with a Blonde one hot night
Now the Blonde has a husband named Jim

And next time you're in St. Louis for gosh sakes
give me a chance to ruin your kidneys!

Cheers,
Sydney

Old August 6th 03, 07:27 AM
Tom S.

"Sydney Hoeltzli" wrote in message
Jim Weir wrote:
There was a young lady named Sydney
Who drank 'til she ruined her kidney.
It shriveled and shrank
As she sat there and drank
But she had a good time doin' it, didn't she?

I love it! Did you just make it up? One
effort deserves another:

There was an old pilot named Jim
Who flew off to Oshkosh on a whim
He got in a fight
with a Blonde one hot night
Now the Blonde has a husband named Jim

And next time you're in St. Louis for gosh sakes
give me a chance to ruin your kidneys!

Damn...I was at Spirit of St. Louis on Tuesday for a six hour meeting...