Flying to Chicago

Old March 23rd 07, 01:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
ZikZak

Default Flying to Chicago

On Mar 22, 6:54 pm, "DBR" wrote:
I'm planning to fly to Chicago in May, traveling from the south for a long
weekend of fun in the downtown area. Any ideas for a good airport that is
reasonable in terms of proximity and convenience? Thanks in advance.

Meigs.

Oh, wait... never mind.

Old March 23rd 07, 01:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Andrew Sarangan

On Mar 22, 9:54 pm, "DBR" wrote:
I'm planning to fly to Chicago in May, traveling from the south for a long
weekend of fun in the downtown area. Any ideas for a good airport that is
reasonable in terms of proximity and convenience? Thanks in advance.

Midway is a good place to land. Although it is not exactly in
downtown, it is a subway train ride away.

Old March 23rd 07, 01:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

I'm planning to fly to Chicago in May, traveling from the south for a long
weekend of fun in the downtown area. Any ideas for a good airport that is
reasonable in terms of proximity and convenience? Thanks in advance.

Never forget Meigs. Don't spend a nickel in King Daley's domain.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old March 23rd 07, 01:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
DBR

Old March 23rd 07, 02:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Travis Marlatte

Midway. Financially competitive with smaller airports that are not as
convenient. Good handling at the FBO. Mass transit or rental car accessible
to downtown.

--
-------------------------------
Travis

Old March 23rd 07, 05:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Tim

DBR wrote:
I'm planning to fly to Chicago in May, traveling from the south for a long
weekend of fun in the downtown area. Any ideas for a good airport that is
reasonable in terms of proximity and convenience? Thanks in advance.

Make sure to call emperor Daley's office and give them a piece of your mind.

Better yet, boycott the city because of what they did and tell them
about it. I won;t spend my money there. At least not while that
jackass is in power.
Old March 23rd 07, 07:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Macklin

Exactly, avoid Chicago, spend your money elsewhere. Iowa
City sounds good.

oups.com...

Old March 23rd 07, 01:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Darkwing

"DBR" wrote in message
I'm planning to fly to Chicago in May, traveling from the south for a
long weekend of fun in the downtown area. Any ideas for a good airport
that is reasonable in terms of proximity and convenience? Thanks in
advance.

I flew into Pulwaukee(sp?) on the north end of Chicago in a C182. Seemed to
be an easy place to get into and out of. No landing fee if you buy gas as
well.

--------------------------------------
DW

Old March 23rd 07, 01:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Nathan Young

On Thu, 22 Mar 2007 19:54:42 -0600, "DBR" wrote:

I'm planning to fly to Chicago in May, traveling from the south for a long
weekend of fun in the downtown area. Any ideas for a good airport that is
reasonable in terms of proximity and convenience? Thanks in advance.

Do a google groups search on this subject. You will find several
recent threads discussing the merits and disadvantages of the Chicago
area airports.

My vote would be to fly to Midway.

-Nathan

777 Hell in Chicago Tomatohead Instrument Flight Rules 20 August 20th 06 01:07 PM
Chicago Flying Marty Piloting 18 February 18th 06 02:04 PM
Stop the Wright Flyer from flying in Chicago! Ace Pilot Piloting 0 August 21st 03 01:36 PM
chicago boycott? tony zambon Piloting 9 July 20th 03 06:16 PM