Sailplane Classes - a different perspective

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 30th 04, 06:14 AM
hannu

"Paul" wrote in message
Funny attitude.
How the hell would you know if you had learnt anything?
Whats your "pass grade" so you would know you would not finish dead last?
I entered contests in a poorly performing glider. Makes you work harder to
get around and you learn alot faster then if you have a higher glide

angle.

Yes and no You learn to survive alone - as others leave you - yes, and
especially me - behind. I fly with two gliders in cometitions and always
with a glider that is in the bottom of the heap (performance-wise, now we
aren't even talking about my mediocre piloting skills ). Astir CS and K-8b
are the ironing hardware here.

With a lower performance glider you learn by mistake. With a glider with
alike or better performance you learn by example, as you fly with others. I
think one needs BOTH ways of learning. WHEN you really know waht to do, you
can go also with the lower performance and even compete, but lesser
experience and performance leaves you on your own.

It would be fun if EVEN JUST FOR ONCE I could fly with a matching glassaware

hannu