Cambridge L-Nav

Old August 17th 07, 09:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Brian Laverick-Smith

Default Cambridge L-Nav

I have a fault with my cambridge version 2 which I
wonder if any one else has experienced. I will try
the agent but in between time .....?
On a recent flight the speed to fly indicator played
up showing full pull up advice with settings Mc 0
speed 45 knots and showing 2 down ! Before this it
has been good for the two years I have had it
It is 15 years old so maybe it has had its day ? [
like me ]

Any ideas folks

Brian K.G.C.
Brian L-Smith Kent England
Brian L-Smith

Old August 17th 07, 10:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Aug 17, 4:03 pm, Brian Laverick-Smith
wrote:
I have a fault with my cambridge version 2 which I
wonder if any one else has experienced. I will try
the agent but in between time .....?
On a recent flight the speed to fly indicator played
up showing full pull up advice with settings Mc 0
speed 45 knots and showing 2 down ! Before this it
has been good for the two years I have had it
It is 15 years old so maybe it has had its day ? [
like me ]

Any ideas folks

Brian K.G.C.
Brian L-Smith Kent England
Brian L-Smith

Check your plumbing for pinches or leaks.
Input errors lead to output errors.
Good luck
UH

Old August 17th 07, 11:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
HL Falbaum

--
Hartley Falbaum
"Brian Laverick-Smith" wrote

Old August 17th 07, 11:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
HL Falbaum

Also---check the battery--a little coin-cell battery. When dead, you lose
your polar setting, and a lot else.
Small leaks in plumbing--esp to the flask--lead to wierd readings.

--
Hartley Falbaum
USA---"KF"

"Brian Laverick-Smith" wrote
in message ...

Old August 18th 07, 10:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ian McPhee

Agree with battery - if you can not get the original battery 2032 fits the
holder OK - also look for cracks it the original red silicon tube used
internal within the unit - I had one woth a lengthwise crack in tube which
only played up in the air
Ian McPhee AUS

Old August 18th 07, 01:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Papa3

"HL Falbaum" wrote in message

[...]

Brian L-Smith- Hide quoted text -

Ditto on the battery. Had the exact same symptoms you described last
year. Replacing the backup battery immediately fixed it. Of
course, you'll then have to re-enter the polar and other settings, but
it should be good as new after that.

Cheers,
Erik Mann

Cambridge 302 & PDA -- Value of adding Cambridge 303? V1 Soaring 5 July 31st 07 03:51 AM
Cambridge 302/Cambridge 3UTIQ255 utility/ WinPilot/iPAQ 4155 Nathan Whelchel Soaring 4 July 5th 04 11:22 PM
cambridge CPT 505 mark Soaring 0 May 19th 04 12:01 AM
Cambridge "V" JJ Sinclair Soaring 0 March 11th 04 02:01 PM
Cambridge CAV II Sam Fly Soaring 2 February 29th 04 03:54 PM