experiences with efb software (electronic flight bag)

Old February 5th 09, 12:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.products
paul

Default experiences with efb software (electronic flight bag)

Is anyone willing to share their experiences with efb software? Also
if anyone is aware of a similar discussion on another forum, please
let me know about it.

I'm currently using Jeppessen Flight Deck with a Fujitsu P1610 tablet
computer and remote bluetooth GPS receiver. The system generally works
great, although I'm frustrated by the positively glacial rate of
software enhancements. Another problem with FlightDeck is that it is
too exepensive to get the IFR charts covering the whole country.

Two products I am considering, are ChartCase by Flightprep, and
Voyager EFB by Seattle Avionics since they both seem to be strong on
features and capabilities.

Is there anybody with experience with these or other products willing
to share their opinons?

Thanks
~Paul
Old March 3rd 09, 07:16 PM
Matt Schloss Matt Schloss is offline
Junior Member

Location: Lakeland, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul View Post
Is anyone willing to share their experiences with efb software? Also
if anyone is aware of a similar discussion on another forum, please
let me know about it.

I'm currently using Jeppessen Flight Deck with a Fujitsu P1610 tablet
computer and remote bluetooth GPS receiver. The system generally works
great, although I'm frustrated by the positively glacial rate of
software enhancements. Another problem with FlightDeck is that it is
too exepensive to get the IFR charts covering the whole country.

Two products I am considering, are ChartCase by Flightprep, and
Voyager EFB by Seattle Avionics since they both seem to be strong on
features and capabilities.

Is there anybody with experience with these or other products willing
to share their opinons?

Thanks
~Paul

I have seen and sold a few of the units that you are looking at. The biggest obstacle for me, is the fact that they are based on Windows software. Many times, just like you computer at home, they tend to get little hiccups and develop issues that can offer agravating blips when the information is needed.

The best unit that I have seen so far, is the Garmin GPSMAP-696. It offers a nice size and the ability to carry NOS charts and XM weather. They are built with a solid Operating System that does not have issues like a Windows based system. And, if a hiccup is experienced, which I have found to be rare, you can update the software which 99% of the time, takes care of the issue.

The charts are not expensive either. The subscription is $395 a year for the US. That will allow for updates every 28 days. The XM weather will run about $30-50 per month depending on the package that you want and the database updates will run $35 or they do have a yearly subscription for that as well.

Old October 22nd 10, 08:20 PM
Vsemkoma Vsemkoma is offline
Banned

Location: Россия
Send a message via ICQ to Vsemkoma

Hello

I just got my brand new HTC Kaiser yesterday. And I have to admit, I love it. Im just wondering, where can I adjust the frame rate of the captured videos?

Please post your experiences as well.