Lightspeed Zulu - Tell me what you think

Old December 28th 08, 12:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.products

Default Lightspeed Zulu - Tell me what you think

Hi Everyone,

I am thinking about purchasing the lightspeed Zulu and would like to
see your pictures and read your comments aboiut it before i buy.

Thanks and regards
Jake
Old December 31st 08, 07:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.products
Thomas Borchert

I am thinking about purchasing the lightspeed Zulu and would like to
see your pictures and read your comments aboiut it before i buy.

What pictures?

You can't go wrong with it. At the price, there is nothing better on
the market.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old January 2nd 09, 09:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.products

On Jan 1, 4:34*am, Thomas Borchert
wrote:
I am thinking about purchasing the lightspeed Zulu and would like to
see your pictures and read your comments aboiut it before i buy.

What pictures?

You can't go wrong with it. At the price, there is nothing better on
the market.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

I like to see pictures of the headet other than the photoshopped ones
on the websites.
Do you have this headset?
Old January 2nd 09, 10:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.products
Thomas Borchert

Do you have this headset?

Yes. I love it! No pictures, though. It looks pretty much the way it
looks...

We took it up together with a Bose. Main impressions of the three
pilots present:

- Bose has a tad less clamping pressure, but pretty much negligible
- ANR spectrum is a little different, but the amount of noise reduction
is practically the same
- Lightspeed has a lot of features (Bluetooth, music input, cell phone
input, sound processing), the Bose doesn't have (m)any
- Music sounds better in the Lightspeed due to enhancement features
(bass, treble, FRC)
- LS has a more "modern" feel to it, but that's obviously very
subjective
- LS has the cables from one side to the other hidden in the structure,
very neat
- the price is different (duh!)

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old March 13th 09, 07:59 PM
datemp datemp is offline
Banned

best headset that I have owned - use to use a DC 10 13.4 in a cessna 182 for skydiving - after a day in the DC you head would fall off..

Now in the zulu can fly for 10 hours and feel fresh at the end of the day..

plus i use the zulu in Navajo as well and its great..

my 2 cents
Old March 20th 09, 03:22 PM
Matt Schloss Matt Schloss is offline
Junior Member

Location: Lakeland, FL

Zulu is by far the best headset on the market. Noise attenuation is better than the Bose and you can't beat the fact that the cell phone and music interface is built in. The cell phone is even BlueTooth. To get that in the Bose, you would be looking at almost $300 for an adapter.

All that and at $150 cheaper. In my opinion, you can't go wrong with the Zulu.
Old June 25th 10, 06:14 PM
N5956Q N5956Q is offline
Junior Member

Location: Ranson, WV

I've the Zulu, my buddy the Bose. We flew my "new" Mooney from San Antonio back to West Virginia. Traded headset along the way. I'm buying another Zulu for my wife!! Great headset!!

All the best ...
Old February 25th 12, 02:54 AM
Connor Byer Connor Byer is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
Hi Everyone,

I am thinking about purchasing the lightspeed Zulu and would like to
see your pictures and read your comments aboiut it before i buy.

Thanks and regards
Jake

I have the Lightspeed Sierra (a step down from Zulu). I love it. I will admit, the new Bose are much more comfortable on long flights. But the ANR on my Sierra is great, and I have never had any problems with it. I don't see it uncomfortable at all. I usually don't even notice it until about 2 hours in or on a REALLY hot day, but that is with any headset. I think its worth saving the 300 or so dollars over the Bose.