ASH 25 artwork

Old November 1st 04, 01:34 PM
Andy Melville

Default ASH 25 artwork

We are a small group in the UK who own an ASH25e which
we are currently getting regelled(well 2 pack paint
actually).
As this obviously neccessitates rubbing off all the
existing markings; we will have a wonderful opportunity
to paint 'flashes' or whatever down the side instead
of the normal Schleicher chevrons.
Has anybody out there seen any really eyecatching design
or got any thoughts/ideas? Ideally a drawing or photograph
would be superb...I promise to post a photo of the
final design and accredit whoever thought it up/ provided
it
Regards
Andy Melville

Old November 1st 04, 02:40 PM
Andreas Maurer

On 1 Nov 2004 13:34:44 GMT, Andy Melville
wrote:

Has anybody out there seen any really eyecatching design
or got any thoughts/ideas? Ideally a drawing or photograph
would be superb...I promise to post a photo of the
final design and accredit whoever thought it up/ provided

I once saw an ASK-21 labelled as "ASH-25 light" - you cannot imagine
the crow of people suddenly standing around that 21 when the fuselage
came out of the trailer.

Maybe you could try something similar, e.g. painting an "ASK-21
extreme" or "Nimbus 2000" onto the fuselage instead of the ASH-25
logo. There is definitely no better eye-catcher around.

Bye
Andreas
Old November 1st 04, 11:45 PM
Alastair Harrison

"Andreas Maurer" wrote in message
I once saw an ASK-21 labelled as "ASH-25 light" - you cannot imagine
the crow of people suddenly standing around that 21 when the fuselage
came out of the trailer.

Maybe you could try something similar, e.g. painting an "ASK-21
extreme" or "Nimbus 2000" onto the fuselage instead of the ASH-25
logo. There is definitely no better eye-catcher around.

Bye
Andreas

That K21 now lives in England and still sports the "ASH-25 light" logo.
It's great fun for those who know what the difference is, but sometimes
causes difficulties for newer members. Especially if they're the ones
telling the winch driver what sort of glider he's about to launch! It's a
good thing it's not painted on the side of a Ka8!

Alastair

Old November 2nd 04, 05:15 PM
Bob

Has anybody out there seen any really eyecatching design
or got any thoughts/ideas? Ideally a drawing or photograph
would be superb...I promise to post a photo of the
final design and accredit whoever thought it up/ provided
it

Don't put ANY stripes or logos on it. The lines of the ASH 25
need no ebellishment. The awesome glider itself is what causes your jaw
to drop when you see it for the first time, not racing stripes or
graphic designs.