Programing Pocket PC

Old November 1st 04, 07:45 PM
Ken Pruchnick

Default Programing Pocket PC

Hi All
I would like to program my Areo Pocket PC 1550 so that button one
(the calendar button)will run the Cambridge PocketNavPPC program, or
should it be the PocketNav-CE3 progrem?
I can't figure out (on big surprice there) how to move the program
from the storage card to where the button assigment window will see
the program.
Any help to this computer challenged person will be appreciated

Ken (KP)
Old November 1st 04, 10:54 PM
Paul Remde

Hi,

I have always copied the program to the Windows/Start Menu directory on the
Pocket PC. It then appears on the list of selections for the program
buttons.

Of course I would like to recommend that you buy Glide Navigator II for only
$149 which includes several nice features added after the version you are
using - such as the highlighting of reachable airports on the map. Sorry, I
couldn't resist...

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com

om...

Old November 1st 04, 11:20 PM
Mark Zivley

Ken,

I'll add just a touch of detail to Paul's reply.

Use the "file explorer" to put a copy of the program (pocketNav.exe??)
into the "Start Menu" folder which is in the "Windows" folder. Make
sure that it is the windows folder for the Aero and not the storage card.

Next go to Start and "settings" and "buttons" and then I think it is the
second tab that will let you "program" the buttons. There you can
select a button (#1) and then below that you will find a list of options
and a list of items in the start menu. Simply scroll down that list
until you find the PocketNav program and select it.

Once done with that PocketNav should start when button #1 is pushed.

Mark

P.S. since Cambridge does not appear to be developing this software
further it would be good to look at Glide Navigator II as well as the
other programs out there as your flying needs dictate.

Old November 2nd 04, 09:06 PM
Ken Pruchnick

Hi Mark
Thank you for your help. What I found out that I had to tap and hold
on the program (PockNav-CE3) to open a window that had "copy" in it.
Copied it. Found "windows" clicked "start menu", also found out that I
had to tap the "edit" in the lower left corner of the screen to find
the window that had "paste" in it. Clicked that and the progam was
added the the start menu. I now have the program assigned to button
#1.
What had me going in circles was that I had to hold "PockekNav-CE3
to copy it and to click edit to find "paste".

Thanks Again
Ken (KP)