Why Airplanes Fly - Voids Above A Planar Sheet

Old October 6th 07, 12:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Default Why Airplanes Fly - Voids Above A Planar Sheet

Gatt writes:

Especially
if your tone, delivery and style conspicuously match that of people who have
previoulsy challenged aviation here.

I have never seen anyone challenge aviation here. I have seen people refuse
to be intimidated by the yelping alpha dogs and playground bullies, but that's
quite different.
Old October 6th 07, 01:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gatt

"Jim Logajan" wrote in message
.. .
"Gatt" wrote:
The same person posted the same sort of stuff a month or so ago under
a different name, and hasn't acknowledged that he's the same guy.

What name might that be?

Don't remember. IIRC he was babbling about how Bournouli was wrong and how
upper camber is irrelvant. Do you remember?

-c

Old October 6th 07, 01:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Dudley Henriques writes:

I am not a Naval Aviator. That title is reserved for the finest pilots
in the world.

There might be some Air Force pilots who disagree with that.

You know Moore, if you spent a bit less time trying to discredit me and
a bit more simply engaging me on a slightly more friendly basis, you and
I might actually get along.

You dislike personal attacks?

You're choice; you can have the debrief notes, or you can stop this
constant under posting of me requesting backup information on me.

Or he can continue to attack you.
Old October 6th 07, 01:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Le Chaud Lapin writes:

If eveyone in this group would simply take the advice that you just
wrote, I think it would be a better group. I have been here only a
few days, and I count no less than 7 insults by people I have never
known.

I imagine these individuals as being overweight and constipated,
reading my posts, debating whether they should take a laxative or fire
off an insult, the latter choice leaving them in the same state they
were before they read my post.

They are simply the typical males of USENET who have more testosterone than
intellect and behave accordingly. It is a type of background noise that never
goes away, so one must learn to ignore it.
Old October 6th 07, 01:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Dudley Henriques writes:

A little more tact and just a bit less aggressiveness might be helpful
in making your Usenet aviation experience more satisfying considering
the experience levels ranging in decades rather than mere hours you will
find on these forums.

Claims of experience are valueless on USENET, because anyone can make claims.
The only way to earn respect is to demonstrate competence, not to merely claim
it. Credentials are a dime a dozen in this venue.
Old October 6th 07, 01:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Gatt writes:

What you should imagine are pilots who risk their lives countless times
between wings that are proven to work being told to do experiments by
somebody who challenges proven technology and expects everybody to do
experiments just to indulge your accusation that basically everything they
know about aerodynamics is wrong.

But that would not be accurate.

It's more a matter of aggressive males who are highly insecure concerning
their ignorance of many things and try to conceal their ignorance with puerile
personal attacks. The only words they cannot utter are "I don't know."

It's sort of like an IT guy telling Marines how to fight a war. Probably
not going to get you invited to the NCO's club.

What about Marines telling IT guys how to program computers?

Don't take it personally. It just is. If you were the first person to come
in here and do it they'd probably go easier, but, alas, you're not.

No, that doesn't matter. The behavior is always the same, and it is as
predictable as clockwork, and as unavoidable as the tide.

If you have questions about aerodynamic science, perhaps you should first
ask those who use it on a regular basis rather than coming in an suggesting
their understanding of their area of expertise is deficient. Or AT least let
people know you're a pilot, builder or aerodynamics professional.

Using something is not the same as understanding it, as so many accidents in
aviation prove.
Old October 6th 07, 01:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Le Chaud Lapin writes:

Things would go a lot easier if people would focus on the physics and
ease up on the ad hominem attacks.

Not for people who don't understand the physics and dread admitting it. For
them, personal attacks are about the only option.
Old October 6th 07, 01:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gatt

"Gatt" wrote:
The same person posted the same sort of stuff a month or so ago under
a different name, and hasn't acknowledged that he's the same guy.

What name might that be?

Hey, I found it: It's under the thread "John Travolta Sues His Home
Airport" circa August 10.

The person's exact words were "Camber does not produce lift" and he quoted a
NASA site that contradicted him. He also said
"Many pilots don't understand that angle of attack is everything. That's
why many of them get into trouble in unusual situations. "

I'll give you guys ONE guess who that person was, and you probably don't
need a hint, but he's undoubtedly the most accomplished Flight Simulator
pilot on the newsgroup.

-c

Old October 6th 07, 01:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gatt

Default Lapin = MX: Why Airplanes Fly - Voids Above A Planar Sheet

"Le Chaud Lapin" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Oct 4, 4:46 pm, "Gatt" wrote:

Not true. I do not recall any "accusation that basically everything they
know about aerodynamics is wrong." I wrote that there are some things in
the Jeppensen book that are just plain wrong, as is the explanation of
action/reaction with regard to downwash.

Wow, Lapin. For somebody who wrote: "In any case, I have never assumed any
alias other than the one that I
am currently using in this group, because I've only recently begun to post
in this group," your statement sure sounds AWFUL similar to:

"A wing creates a downward acceleration called downwash which contributes to
lift." - MXManiac

"Hint: the same thing applies to your "downwash theory of lift"." - Doug
Semler to MX, August 3, in the thread "John Travolta Sues His Home Airport.

-ALSO-

"Things would go a lot easier if people would focus on the physics and ease
up on the ad hominem attacks." -Lapin
"Perhaps if they were less obsessed with the poster and concentrated more
on the topic such anomalies would not arise." - MXManiac, 8/4/2007

"My handle has been the same for over a decade." - Laupin
"I have never assumed any other alias on USENET other than the one that I am
a currently using ..." - Laupin
"But beyond that, my aliases has always been the same."

(AliasES? AliasES have always been the same? I'm not Sherlock Holmes here,
but I SWEAR you've been saying your handle has been the same for over a
decade.)

-c

Old October 6th 07, 02:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Tina

Gatt, I think you're wrong about the dual id. If you take a look at
LCL's posting history you'll find groups and technology far different
than our resident jerk. I agree there are common characteristics, but
i do not think MX is capable of isolating the two distinct patterns
I'm seeing.

I've admited many times I'm not a pilot so don't attempt to speak with
authority on piloting techniques, but I am the resident shrink. In
this matter the odds are you're in error.

FAA advisory voids IFR certification for GPS's!!! Prime Owning 12 May 29th 07 01:43 AM
Brass or copper sheet? Scott Home Built 11 October 15th 06 02:20 AM
4130 sheet log Home Built 4 September 1st 04 01:42 AM
Day 2 New Castle Score Sheet Guy Byars Soaring 3 September 25th 03 02:39 AM
S-H Spars: Anyone check for voids laterally? Mark Grubb Soaring 1 September 20th 03 04:27 AM