2020 We Were Blindsided

Old December 6th 20, 11:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default 2020 We Were Blindsided

Yes, 2020 was a special year, so much turmoil in the world, Covid , Trump, even Michigan football took a huge fall. Glider ports were shut down, contest were canceled, production of gliders was interrupted, what more can we expect. I posted a sign today at the gliderport that all pilots should leave their ego's at home, do you really think that they understand what it is all about.
I am headed out this week to buy another Pawnee for the club, I don't even have log pants or shirts to fly it back from the cold country, I better carry a few bottles of that Ron Matusalem rum to get me over the mountains. So listen up glider gods get down here tp Florida, join in on the fun and I will give you your first tow for free, motor glider pukes will pay double for the entertainment.
Old December 7th 20, 12:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Sunday, December 6, 2020 at 6:54:50 PM UTC-5, wrote:
Yes, 2020 was a special year, so much turmoil in the world, Covid , Trump, even Michigan football took a huge fall. Glider ports were shut down, contest were canceled, production of gliders was interrupted, what more can we expect. I posted a sign today at the gliderport that all pilots should leave their ego's at home, do you really think that they understand what it is all about.
I am headed out this week to buy another Pawnee for the club, I don't even have log pants or shirts to fly it back from the cold country, I better carry a few bottles of that Ron Matusalem rum to get me over the mountains. So listen up glider gods get down here tp Florida, join in on the fun and I will give you your first tow for free, motor glider pukes will pay double for the entertainment.

Long pants, what the heck, we live in tropical Florida
Old December 7th 20, 03:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)

On Sunday, December 6, 2020 at 7:16:09 PM UTC-5, wrote:
[...]

Figured you meant long pants.....I have a friend by you that has suggested I go visit near you and maybe fly down there....may take him up n it...,you know who I mean...
Have a good trip...
Old December 7th 20, 06:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Sunday, December 6, 2020 at 10:15:50 PM UTC-5, Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot) wrote:
[...]

Yes, I tried to convince him to go get it for me, but he was too smart to take that deal.

Uvalde 2020 7K Soaring 6 May 3rd 20 05:07 AM
ELY 2020 [email protected] Soaring 16 March 28th 20 03:53 AM
Uvalde Pre Pre Pre WGC 2020 7K Soaring 0 March 26th 20 11:35 PM
2020 GTA schedule [email protected][_2_] Soaring 0 January 25th 20 03:00 PM
2020 contests [email protected] Soaring 6 May 24th 19 01:41 AM