Checklist for maintenance kit

Old January 28th 09, 02:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tuno

Default Checklist for maintenance kit

John,

I was going to wait until the thread was quiet for a while and then
grind it through the SNR distillerator, but I see you already did
that. Thank you!

I figure I'll end up with maybe 20% of it in my kit at most!

Next up: the landout kit.^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^HI didn't say that

2NO
Old January 28th 09, 04:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy[_1_]

On Jan 27, 7:28*pm, DRN wrote:

But why did you need a tow vehicle during the contest ?
Gotta be a story there...
See ya, Dave

The tow vehicle was my Chevy Malibu (old yellow) crew car. I needed
it to haul water, to get back to the motel, and to go looking for
beers. It actaully died at the water faucet leaving my crew puzzled
when it cranked for ever but didn't start. She walked back to the
glider and said it sounded funny. The Chevy 305 uses a composite
sprocket on the camshaft and the teeth had parted company with the
gums. It only had about 200,000 miles on it at that time. I got rid of
it at 248,000 miles when the rebuilt transmission died. The engine
was still going strong and I sold the car to the tow truck driver that
came to haul it away!

Andy
Old January 28th 09, 05:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
ContestID67[_2_]

2NO,

Did you say LAND OUT KIT???? Got 'ya covered. See http://derosaweb.com/survival

- John

Old January 28th 09, 05:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
ContestID67[_2_]

On Jan 28, 11:51*am, ContestID67 wrote:
2NO,

Did you say LAND OUT KIT???? *Got 'ya covered. *Seehttp://derosaweb.com/survival

- John

Sorry - the landout kit is at http://aviation.derosaweb.net/survival -
got too excited to type right!!

Suggestions are most welcome. I'm currently preparing an article on
the subject for "Soaring".
Old January 29th 09, 01:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tuno

I tawt I taw a putty tat!
Old January 29th 09, 01:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tuno

I DID, I *DID* tawt I taw a putty tat!

Thanks for the link John. With some downwind dashes on the calendar
this year, my crew thinks I should assemble this before the
maintenance kit.

2NO
Old January 29th 09, 05:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
rlovinggood

If you have some type of food in the survival package, where do you
store it between flights? Things like "energy bars" or any food not
in "armoured wraps", i.e. metal cans of some sort, could invite little
critters into your glider and/or trailer. So, I would suggest keeping
the survival kit, at least the food in the kit, away from the glider
and trailer when not flying.

I made the mistake of leaving some granola bars and peanut butter
crackers in both my glider and trailer and the mice were VERY happy.
Cleaning up wasn't cheap. I had all the gel coat stripped and the
glider refinished, just to get their caca off of my glider :-)

Ray Lovinggood
Carrboro, North Carolina, USA
Old January 30th 09, 12:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
TonyV[_2_]

Tuno wrote:
I tawt I taw a putty tat!

Who said that ATC has no sense if humor? Look at the intersection names:

http://bobtilden.com/12B001.jpg

Tony V.

Old January 30th 09, 12:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
TonyV[_2_]

Nyal Williams wrote:
They are building a new runway there; the fixes will be Ican, Has, and
Chessburger.

Needs work :-). All intersection names have 5 letters.

Tony V. LS6-b "6N"

Checklist Larry D. Cosby Piloting 148 March 29th 08 04:10 AM
Checklist use Private Piloting 2 February 12th 08 08:25 PM
Landing Checklist E. Douglas Whitehead Soaring 25 January 7th 06 05:19 PM
747-100 Checklist Bartscher General Aviation 0 December 18th 04 07:20 PM
C-180 100 hr checklist ConchyJoe Owning 1 May 3rd 04 11:53 PM