SSA Eagle Fund Appeal 2017

Old December 31st 17, 01:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy Blackburn[_3_]

Default SSA Eagle Fund Appeal 2017

On Friday, December 29, 2017 at 5:17:48 PM UTC-8, 2G wrote:
Andy,

NINETY FIVE PERCENT of Americans are getting a tax cut. If you are in the 5% group and are a wealthy person living in those states you mention: GOOD LUCK! You will pay for your tax increase thru your wealth gains.

Thanks for the ALL CAPS reply!

I ran the investment return numbers too - it'll take an additional low-to-mid-double-digit run up in asset values for me to break even on the higher tax rates over 20 years. I'm all for a lower corporate rate, BTW - they just should have paid for a bit more of it by reducing the corporate tax preferences. Low rates with low preferences would make investment decisions swing to the US just as well, but wouldn't run the deficit up. If If they's done that they could have dropped a couple more points of each tax bracket on the personal side to cover the elimination of deductions better. You can't make everybody whole, because there is too much state-to-state variation, but it would have made more sense from a policy perspective.I guess I can always move to Nevada or Washington like all the other tax avoiders. Sigh.
Old December 31st 17, 03:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Nadler

On Tuesday, December 26, 2017 at 3:03:42 PM UTC-5, Frank Whiteley wrote:
ACT BEFORE DEC 31 TO INCREASE THE TAX BENEFITS OF YOUR CHARITABLE GIVING

Went to the SSA Eagle Fund page he http://www.ssa.org/Default.asp?content=3078
Clicked on "make a donation to the Eagle Fund online here"
Got a page with "Eagle Fund - 0 thru 0 of 0 items - Nothing Matching Your Criteria" at http://store.ssa.org/cgi/search.cgi?...ory=Eagle_Fund

WTF???
Old December 31st 17, 04:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Renny[_2_]

On Saturday, December 30, 2017 at 7:30:00 PM UTC-7, Dave Nadler wrote:
On Tuesday, December 26, 2017 at 3:03:42 PM UTC-5, Frank Whiteley wrote:
ACT BEFORE DEC 31 TO INCREASE THE TAX BENEFITS OF YOUR CHARITABLE GIVING

Went to the SSA Eagle Fund page he http://www.ssa.org/Default.asp?content=3078
Clicked on "make a donation to the Eagle Fund online here"
Got a page with "Eagle Fund - 0 thru 0 of 0 items - Nothing Matching Your Criteria" at http://store.ssa.org/cgi/search.cgi?...ory=Eagle_Fund

WTF???

Dave,
Hmmm...Try this....

http://store.ssa.org/cgi/display.cgi...le=Eagle-Fund-

Thanks - Renny
Old December 31st 17, 06:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G

On Saturday, December 30, 2017 at 4:49:50 PM UTC-8, Andy Blackburn wrote:
[...]

Tax reform is, at best, a messy process because of all of the special interests. You guys in high tax states are getting screwed over twice; first by the state and second by tax reform. The first is your choice of where to live. Second is by the Democrats boycotting the tax reform process. Politics work by trading votes for goodies, and Democrats weren't willing to provide any votes. Moving IS an option, and people are doing it. I ran into a newly retired school teacher that had just moved to Nevada from CA for that purpose, but was fervent supporter of all of its liberal policies (obviously not enough to pay for them).

My advice was clearly intended to the vast majority that will be getting a tax cut. I wouldn't be at all surprised if those that aren't getting a tax cut reduce charitable giving by way of compensation. That is a personal decision that I won't argue with.

Tom
Old December 31st 17, 07:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

On Saturday, December 30, 2017 at 7:30:00 PM UTC-7, Dave Nadler wrote:
On Tuesday, December 26, 2017 at 3:03:42 PM UTC-5, Frank Whiteley wrote:
ACT BEFORE DEC 31 TO INCREASE THE TAX BENEFITS OF YOUR CHARITABLE GIVING

Went to the SSA Eagle Fund page he http://www.ssa.org/Default.asp?content=3078
Clicked on "make a donation to the Eagle Fund online here"
Got a page with "Eagle Fund - 0 thru 0 of 0 items - Nothing Matching Your Criteria" at http://store.ssa.org/cgi/search.cgi?...ory=Eagle_Fund

WTF???

http://store.ssa.org/cgi/display.cgi...le=Eagle-Fund-

We'll have to fix that other link.
Old December 31st 17, 08:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy Blackburn[_3_]

The Eagle Fund Facebook page is not showing as much support as I would have expected.

Tom's donating a big chunk of his tax break and I gave despite not getting a Christmas present from Congress. (Okay, I'm kinda giving them the finger a little bit too).

How about you other glider-guiders? A couple of tows worth would be nice - more would be even nicer.

Happy New Year!

Andy Blackburn
Old December 31st 17, 06:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Godfrey (QT)[_2_]

On Saturday, December 30, 2017 at 9:30:00 PM UTC-5, Dave Nadler wrote:
On Tuesday, December 26, 2017 at 3:03:42 PM UTC-5, Frank Whiteley wrote:
ACT BEFORE DEC 31 TO INCREASE THE TAX BENEFITS OF YOUR CHARITABLE GIVING

Went to the SSA Eagle Fund page he http://www.ssa.org/Default.asp?content=3078
Clicked on "make a donation to the Eagle Fund online here"
Got a page with "Eagle Fund - 0 thru 0 of 0 items - Nothing Matching Your Criteria" at http://store.ssa.org/cgi/search.cgi?...ory=Eagle_Fund

WTF???

Dave,

Unfortunately the 2015 Eagle Fund SSA web page was not updated. Please note that donations made through the SSA store incur processing fees on the SSA end, whereas donating through Facebook does not incur any fees.

I cobbled together the final week of 2017 online campaign to try and inform and create one easy path for folks to donate at the last minute. Sorry if your mileage varied.

Many thanks to all who support the SSA programs through the Eagle Fund. If you made an online donation and want to further direct it to a specific program, please send us an email at mylegacy at ssa dot org.

Special kudos to Andy for taking SALT in wound to donate

QT