First the Pope, and now Fuller!

Old March 2nd 13, 01:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Vaughn

Default First the Pope, and now Fuller!

Fuller to step down as AOPA president and CEO

President Craig Fuller has notified the Board of Trustees of his
intent to step down from his position and from the board. He plans to
remain in his current role until a successor is ready to assume the
position. The board will conduct a national search for his successor.
Following the decision to leave AOPA, the succession process was
developed by working together, said Chairman of the Board William C.
Trimble III. Fuller, who took office Jan. 1, 2009, and is only the
fourth president of AOPA since the association’s founding nearly 75
years ago,

(From AOPA epilot newsletter)
Old March 5th 13, 07:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bug Dout

EAA is also leaderless with the "resignation" of Hightower.

I never liked Fuller. I'm sure on paper he looked great: former
Republican lobbyist who is also a pilot. But as soon as he took over,
the high-pressure, breathless sky-is-falling mailings started arriving
demanding more money. I finally had to call AOPA and ask them to quit
wasting my money on all the postal mailings.

Hopefully both the EAA and AOPA boards will do better this time and get
a real airplane guy or gal in place that loves flying and isn't a slick
suit.
--
"If at first you don't succeed; call it version 1.0"