A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

SSA Eagle Fund Appeal 2017

Old December 26th 17, 08:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley
external usenet poster

Default SSA Eagle Fund Appeal 2017

ACT BEFORE DEC 31 TO INCREASE THE TAX BENEFITS OF YOUR CHARITABLE GIVING

Although the new tax legislation maintains the itemized charitable deduction; because the size of the standard deduction is doubled it will significantly reduce the number of taxpayers who itemize. This will effectively eliminate the income tax charitable deduction for those affected. If you are among this group, accelerating your 2018 Eagle Fund giving into 2017 could benefit you*; especially if your expected itemized deductions in 2018 are in the following ranges:
• Married filing jointly: $12,700 to $24,000
• Single: $6,350 to $12,000

Additionally, even if you will still itemize, lower marginal tax rates in 2018 mean a greater tax benefit for deductions made in 2017 vs 2018.

The SSA greatly appreciates the annual support of it members though the Eagle Fund; and we also want you to get the maximum benefit from your generosity.

Facebook users can make an immediate donation online at https://www.facebook.com/donate/2000432820171967/

If you do not participate on Facebook, donations may be made via the SSA Store at http://store.ssa.org/cgi/display.cgi...le=Eagle-Fund-

You may also call the office @ 575-392-1177 to donate via credit card or mail your check to:
SSA Eagle Fund
PO Box 2100
Hobbs, NM 88241-2100

For more information or questions contact us at or call Denise Layton @ 575-392-1177

Thank you very much for your support.

* The SSA cannot provide individual tax advice. Please consult your tax advisor to determine how the tax laws may apply to your donation.
Old December 28th 17, 03:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G
external usenet poster

On Tuesday, December 26, 2017 at 12:03:42 PM UTC-8, Frank Whiteley wrote:
ACT BEFORE DEC 31 TO INCREASE THE TAX BENEFITS OF YOUR CHARITABLE GIVING

Although the new tax legislation maintains the itemized charitable deduction; because the size of the standard deduction is doubled it will significantly reduce the number of taxpayers who itemize. This will effectively eliminate the income tax charitable deduction for those affected. If you are among this group, accelerating your 2018 Eagle Fund giving into 2017 could benefit you*; especially if your expected itemized deductions in 2018 are in the following ranges:
• Married filing jointly: $12,700 to $24,000
• Single: $6,350 to $12,000

Additionally, even if you will still itemize, lower marginal tax rates in 2018 mean a greater tax benefit for deductions made in 2017 vs 2018.

The SSA greatly appreciates the annual support of it members though the Eagle Fund; and we also want you to get the maximum benefit from your generosity.

Facebook users can make an immediate donation online at https://www.facebook.com/donate/2000432820171967/

If you do not participate on Facebook, donations may be made via the SSA Store at http://store.ssa.org/cgi/display.cgi...le=Eagle-Fund-

You may also call the office @ 575-392-1177 to donate via credit card or mail your check to:
SSA Eagle Fund
PO Box 2100
Hobbs, NM 88241-2100

For more information or questions contact us at or call Denise Layton @ 575-392-1177

Thank you very much for your support.

* The SSA cannot provide individual tax advice. Please consult your tax advisor to determine how the tax laws may apply to your donation.

One strategy is to donate all or some portion of the tax cut you will receive next year before the end of this year (pay it forward). If you have already donated this year (to whatever charity) this would amount to doubling up this year. The only disadvantage is charities estimate donations (for budgeting purposes) based on last year's donations. But that is their problem. Bottom line: I am considering doing this myself.

Tom
Old December 28th 17, 03:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Gee, I was worried about what to do with my tax "windfall," but I think I will just go wild and buy a package of the Double Thick Oreos instead of the standard skinny ones. Trying to make a living selling glider equipment doesn't exactly make me spend a lot of time deciding between a Ventus 3 and a JS-3. If I suddenly get wealthy enough to donate to charity, it will probably five bucks to the guy at the intersection with the cardboard sign. But only if there aren't any misspelled words.
Old December 28th 17, 04:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G
external usenet poster

On Wednesday, December 27, 2017 at 7:25:30 PM UTC-8, wrote:
Gee, I was worried about what to do with my tax "windfall," but I think I will just go wild and buy a package of the Double Thick Oreos instead of the standard skinny ones. Trying to make a living selling glider equipment doesn't exactly make me spend a lot of time deciding between a Ventus 3 and a JS-3. If I suddenly get wealthy enough to donate to charity, it will probably five bucks to the guy at the intersection with the cardboard sign. But only if there aren't any misspelled words.

Oh, I see we have yet ANOTHER tax cut "denier." I challenge you to take your last tax return and see how much your savings will be using any one of a number of tax calculators such as https://www.calcxml.com/calculators/...orm-calculator. If you are REALLY brave, report back to us with the results! BTW, my personal tax cut is about $2,700.

Tom
Old December 28th 17, 09:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy Blackburn[_3_]
external usenet poster

On Wednesday, December 27, 2017 at 8:43:13 PM UTC-8, 2G wrote:

Oh, I see we have yet ANOTHER tax cut "denier." I challenge you to take your last tax return and see how much your savings will be using any one of a number of tax calculators such as https://www.calcxml.com/calculators/...orm-calculator. If you are REALLY brave, report back to us with the results! BTW, my personal tax cut is about $2,700.

Tom

Run it in California Tom - or New York, or New Jersey. The loss in the SALT deduction more than offsets the lower rates, slightly higher brackets, or the standard deduction if you don't have mortgage interest to deduct. It doesn't take much calculating to figure out where a 2.4% drop in the top marginal rate is overwhelmed by a $10,000 cap on the SALT deduction, which today is effectively a 4-5% tax rebate (even more if you pay property taxes). My taxes are going up a lot.
Old December 28th 17, 01:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Not "denying" the tax cut. I just don't make enough for any tax cut to have much of an effect on my bottom line.
Old December 28th 17, 01:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

On Thursday, December 28, 2017 at 4:39:38 AM UTC-5, Andy Blackburn wrote:
On Wednesday, December 27, 2017 at 8:43:13 PM UTC-8, 2G wrote:

Tom

Run it in California Tom - or New York, or New Jersey. The loss in the SALT deduction more than offsets the lower rates, slightly higher brackets, or the standard deduction if you don't have mortgage interest to deduct. It doesn't take much calculating to figure out where a 2.4% drop in the top marginal rate is overwhelmed by a $10,000 cap on the SALT deduction, which today is effectively a 4-5% tax rebate (even more if you pay property taxes). My taxes are going up a lot.

Same here.
UH
Old December 28th 17, 03:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
MNLou
external usenet poster

Gents - sorry to contribute to the thread drift but if we evaluate the tax bill based on the minor affects it has on our middle class taxes, we took the "head fake". The tragedy of this tax bill is the huge transfer of wealth to the top wage earners and the rich.

Lou
Old December 28th 17, 04:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

"The tragedy of this tax bill is the huge transfer of wealth to the top wage earners and the rich."

I never got a job from a homeless person.
Old December 28th 17, 04:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Retting
external usenet poster

Hey.....put a trailer vent in it......no crying ..... the man is asking for support to the Eagle fund.
Give $100, claim $1000. Nobody checks.

R

CPA