Training and Support Day at the SSA Convention

Old October 25th 07, 06:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Default Training and Support Day at the SSA Convention

Hi,

This note is in regard to having training rooms available on the Wednesday
before the start of the SSA Convention.
I am not doing any organizing for the SSA. Please contact the SSA if you
have any questions or concerns or want to schedule something.

In past years Gaynell Temple at the SSA has scheduled 1 hour training
sessions and also made a room available for vendors to do one-on-one
customer support and training. In 2007 there were several formal
presentations and I believe the SeeYou and WinPilot took advantage of the
one-on-one customer support room. I have heard a lot of positive feedback
in regard to the one-on-one customer support and requests for more of it
this year.

The SSA has decided not to try to schedule 1 hour training sessions this
year. However, they will make about 5 small rooms available that can be
used for one-on-one training, discussions, or even formal presentations. If
you would like to reserve a room for your use, please contact Gaynell at the
SSA. I think there will be enough rooms for those that want them to get
their own room. If not, I am willing to share my room with LX or SeeYou or
StrePla - I'm not planning on doing any formal presentations. Those that
get a room can do whatever training or support or formal presentations they
want to do. I think it would be fine for multiple vendors to do one-on-one
support in the same room at the same time. I think that has worked fine in
the past.

There were plusses and minuses to the SSA scheduled 1 hour formal training
sessions. The turnout was great the first year, but much lower the
following 2 years. Also, there were never enough time slots for everyone
that wanted them. I think this new format will work nicely - allowing
everyone to do as much or as little presenting and support and they want to.

My plan is to do some informal one-on-one customer support from 2 to 4 PM
and then have an open discussion from 4 to 5 PM on how we (glider pilots)
can get FLARM or something similar working here in the USA. The room I'm
using will be open for anyone else to use before 2 PM and I don't mind
sharing it from 2 to 4 PM. The FLARM talk is not a marketing discussion,
I'm hoping to get many glider pilots there to brainstorm on the subject in
an open discussion. I hope you will join us.

Again, please do not think that I am trying to schedule the day. I'm not.
Hopefully there will be enough rooms for everyone that wants one. I imagine
that they will be given out on a first-come, first-served basis, but that is
for Gaynell and the SSA to decide.

Thank you,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.