What 2 seat, twin engine GA plane???

Old February 5th 08, 03:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Charles Talleyrand

Default What 2 seat, twin engine GA plane???

The General Aviation Manufacturers Association says that on the US
registry the average age of a twin engine piston power plane with
fewer than 4 seats is 32 years, and that this is not increasing.

My question is ... WHERE ARE THESE PLANES? I've never seen twin
piston engine plane with fewer than 4 seats.

Read more at http://www.gama.aero/dloads/2006GAMA...alDatabook.pdf

BTW, the average age of a four seat piston single ... 38 years.
Old February 5th 08, 04:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
John Godwin

Charles Talleyrand wrote in

m:

The General Aviation Manufacturers Association says that on the US
registry the average age of a twin engine piston power plane with
fewer than 4 seats is 32 years, and that this is not increasing.

My question is ... WHERE ARE THESE PLANES? I've never seen twin
piston engine plane with fewer than 4 seats.

Thw Wing Derringer comes to mind.

Old February 5th 08, 04:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Charles Talleyrand wrote:
The General Aviation Manufacturers Association says that on the US
registry the average age of a twin engine piston power plane with
fewer than 4 seats is 32 years, and that this is not increasing.

My question is ... WHERE ARE THESE PLANES? I've never seen twin
piston engine plane with fewer than 4 seats.

Read more at http://www.gama.aero/dloads/2006GAMA...alDatabook.pdf

BTW, the average age of a four seat piston single ... 38 years.

I have a feeling that the 4 was a typo and they meant fewer than 6
seats.

Anyway, here's a 2 seat twin:

http://www.8kcab.com/8KCAB-Hist6.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Champion_Lancer

One of the aviation mags had an article some years back titled "I flew
a Lancer and lived".

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.
Old February 5th 08, 04:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Charles Talleyrand

Read more athttp://www.gama.aero/dloads/2006GAMAStatisticalDatabook.pdf
BTW, the average age of a four seat piston single ... 38 years.

I have a feeling that the 4 was a typo and they meant fewer than 6
seats.

Anyway, here's a 2 seat twin:

http://www.8kcab.com/8KCAB-Hist6.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Champion_Lancer

One of the aviation mags had an article some years back titled "I flew
a Lancer and lived".

Yes, but I don't think many of these were built.

Were there any popular fewer-than-four seat piston twins? What's the
most popular out of this probably very small group?
Old February 5th 08, 06:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Charles Talleyrand wrote:
On Feb 4, 11:25 pm, wrote:
Charles Talleyrand wrote:
[...]

I know there have been homebuilts and some others that tried, but AFAIK,
the Lancer was the only one that actually made it into production, and
at that, I believe they only made a couple of dozen.

Ignoring of course miltiary aircraft.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.
Old February 5th 08, 05:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Jim Stewart

wrote:
Charles Talleyrand wrote:
The General Aviation Manufacturers Association says that on the US
registry the average age of a twin engine piston power plane with
fewer than 4 seats is 32 years, and that this is not increasing.

My question is ... WHERE ARE THESE PLANES? I've never seen twin
piston engine plane with fewer than 4 seats.

Read more at
http://www.gama.aero/dloads/2006GAMA...alDatabook.pdf

BTW, the average age of a four seat piston single ... 38 years.

I have a feeling that the 4 was a typo and they meant fewer than 6
seats.

Anyway, here's a 2 seat twin:

http://www.8kcab.com/8KCAB-Hist6.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Champion_Lancer

One of the aviation mags had an article some years back titled "I flew
a Lancer and lived".

You could always build yourself an Air Cam

http://www.sportaviationunlimited.co...r%20NY%20w.jpg

Old February 5th 08, 06:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Jay Maynard

On 2008-02-05, Jim Stewart wrote:
You could always build yourself an Air Cam
http://www.sportaviationunlimited.co...r%20NY%20w.jpg

I saw two of those at Sebring. Yow.
--
Jay Maynard, K5ZC http://www.conmicro.com
http://www.hercules-390.org (Yes, that's me!)
Old February 5th 08, 06:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Robert M. Gary

On Feb 5, 9:56*am, Jim Stewart wrote:
wrote:
Charles Talleyrand wrote:
The General Aviation Manufacturers Association says that on the US
registry the average age of a twin engine piston power plane with
fewer than 4 seats is 32 years, and that this is not increasing.

My question is ... WHERE ARE THESE PLANES? *I've never seen twin
piston engine plane with fewer than 4 seats.

Read more athttp://www.gama.aero/dloads/2006GAMAStatisticalDatabook.pdf

BTW, the average age of a four seat piston single ... 38 years.

I have a feeling that the 4 was a typo and they meant fewer than 6
seats.

Anyway, here's a 2 seat twin:

http://www.8kcab.com/8KCAB-Hist6.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Champion_Lancer

One of the aviation mags had an article some years back titled "I flew
a Lancer and lived".

You could always build yourself an Air Cam

http://www.sportaviationunlimited.co...%20NY%20w.jpg- Hide quoted text -

This is a plane pretty much made specifically for filming National
Geographic type shows. It provides for the mounting of high def
cameras and gives the pilot the safey of two engines when flying at
tree top level. Sadly, I believe the spokesman for the plane died on
location filming some wildlife in Africa.

-Robert
Old February 6th 08, 01:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Paul Tomblin

In a previous article, Charles Talleyrand said:
My question is ... WHERE ARE THESE PLANES? I've never seen twin
piston engine plane with fewer than 4 seats.

Cri-Cri?

--
Paul Tomblin http://blog.xcski.com/
My family's values included "Always state your assumptions and your evidence",
Old February 9th 08, 06:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
William Hung[_2_]

On Feb 4, 10:40*pm, Charles Talleyrand wrote:
The General Aviation Manufacturers Association says that on the US
registry the average age of a twin engine piston power plane with
fewer than 4 seats is 32 years, and that this is not increasing.

My question is ... WHERE ARE THESE PLANES? *I've never seen twin
piston engine plane with fewer than 4 seats.

Read more athttp://www.gama.aero/dloads/2006GAMAStatisticalDatabook.pdf

BTW, the average age of a four seat piston single ... 38 years.

The twin Mustang and the twin Cub comes to mind.

http://www.nationalmuseum.af.mil/sha...-1234P-032.jpg

http://www.nurflugel.com/Nurflugel/n...s/cub_twin.jpg

Wil