Dust Devil Dash - September 10

Old September 14th 16, 03:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)

Default Dust Devil Dash - September 10

Congrats to "JN" in the 1-26......,.stated by part owner of SGS-126 #002...,,,,
Great flight.
Old September 17th 16, 04:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean[_2_]

I'm set to fly the DDD next year in a Nimbus 4D. Cant wait!

Yes we do need this in the East. How about one in Ionia, MI the weekend beforehand or after the DDD for 2017? Probably would be better out of Mifflin or Blairstown but I think Michigan is a bigger challenge south into Ohio or Indiana! I'm thinking a 3 day weekend in which the best distance wins. Fly or 3 days or just the best day.
Old September 17th 16, 05:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Actually, the original intent of the DDD was an end of season fun flight of a few hundred km in weakening weather. Recently, we've had really good luck with very good weather and very long retrieves. Fun for pilots, but quite a drag for crews. My wife has been using a co-driver for the last 5 or so years :-)

-Tom

Old September 17th 16, 02:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

I suggest memorial day for an "east" free distance contest. That way we can make a proper series out if it. East on memorial day weekend, Kansas Kowbell Klassic near the Solstice, and DDD right after labor day.

Dust Devil Dash JS Soaring 2 September 2nd 15 05:09 AM
Dust Devil Dash -- Teahchapi California Saturday September 17th, 2011 Oscar Soaring 1 September 15th 11 09:55 PM
DUST DEVIL DASH Ian Cant Soaring 0 September 4th 10 09:31 PM
DUST DEVIL DASH Ian Cant Soaring 0 September 4th 10 09:12 PM
Dust Devil Dash [US] Ian Cant Soaring 2 September 15th 07 02:50 AM