Things to put in the "remarks" section of the flight plan

Old June 14th 05, 10:30 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Robert M. Gary" wrote in message
oups.com...

The FAA won't allow me to file /G because my GPS is not IFR (I know Steven
has some disagreements with this) so its the next best thing for me.

Who? Me? I have no disagreement with that.

Old June 14th 05, 10:33 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Ron Natalie" wrote in message
m...

The controller only sees the first 24 characters.

The amount of characters displayed on a flight progress strip depends on
whether it's a terminal or enroute strip. In each case the full remark is
available via a flight plan readout.

My favorite is still "Brian donor on board."

How did Brian feel about that?

Old June 15th 05, 05:40 AM
Morgans

My favorite is still "Brian donor on board."

How did Brian feel about that?

chuckle
--
Jim in NC
Old June 15th 05, 11:52 PM
Chris Ehlbeck

I was taught the same thing about "VFR GPS on board". The reasoning was
that if things started going bad it was a tool they knew you had without
having to ask.
--
Chris Ehlbeck, PP-ASEL
"It's a license to learn, have fun and buy really expensive hamburgers."

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote in message
ink.net...

wrote in message
oups.com...

I put in the remarks section when applicable:

1. This is an "Angel Flight" positioning flight. (a leg NOT carrying
the patient).

2. VFR GPS on board.

For what purpose?

Old June 16th 05, 12:00 AM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Chris Ehlbeck" wrote in message

I was taught the same thing about "VFR GPS on board". The reasoning was
that if things started going bad it was a tool they knew you had without
having to ask.

What do you expect them to do with that tool?

Old June 16th 05, 02:17 AM
Tony

How about a cell phone number? Of course, on international flights,
"Notify Customs." About 2300 PIC hours ago I had put in "New IFR
Rating".

Old June 16th 05, 11:35 AM

The point is that Angel Flights (whether carrying the patient, going to
pick one up, or returning from dropping one off) are still treated with
a slightly higher priority and given more direct routing.

Old June 16th 05, 12:02 PM

1. This is an "Angel Flight" positioning flight. (a leg NOT carrying
the patient).

2. VFR GPS on board.

For what purpose?
**********************************
1. Because Angel Flights get slightly higher priority in routing if
needed and
2. To give the controller information about the flight that might help
in an emergency.

Old June 16th 05, 02:17 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

wrote in message
oups.com...

The point is that Angel Flights (whether carrying the patient, going to
pick one up, or returning from dropping one off) are still treated with
a slightly higher priority and given more direct routing.

Angel Flight is not given priority handling by ATC. Angel Flight is
properly identified by use of the Angel Flight call sign when carrying a
patient or going to pick one up, but not when returning from dropping one
off.

Old June 16th 05, 02:20 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

wrote in message
ups.com...

1. Because Angel Flights get slightly higher priority in routing if
needed and

Lifeguard is given priority handling by ATC, Angel Flight is not.

2. To give the controller information about the flight that might help
in an emergency.

How would knowing a VFR GPS was aboard help the controller in an emergency?