Some People

Old July 4th 05, 08:21 AM
Dale

Default Some People

There's a student jumper at the DZ I fly for. He owns a Super Cub and
flys it to the DZ. It's a nice "Alaskan" Cub with huge tundra tires,
STOL kit, VGs, etc. We were on a weather hold today so I was talking to
him about Cub flying (The Super Cub is on my list of airplanes I want to
fly someday, and I was hoping he'd offer to take me around the patch
G). After talking for a bit he offered to go fly the Cub with me.
Woohoo!! This guy knows me only from the DZ, has seen me fly the 206
and knows the only tailwheel time I have (other than the intitial TW
checkout) is 300 hrs in a B-17.

We flew around a bit then back to the field for some landings and
takeoffs. After the takeoff following my 3rd landing he says "On this
next one I'll get out when you stop so you can see how she does with
just one person in it."

Huh!!!!????

He did just what he said and got out when I stopped, tellling me to
"have fun".

Frankly, I doubt I would be as generous if in his position. Lucky me.

BTW, I went around the patch just once making a nice 3-point landing
before taxiing back to the tie-down.

--
Dale L. Falk

There is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing
as simply messing around with airplanes.

http://home.gci.net/~sncdfalk/flying.html
Old July 4th 05, 06:33 PM
ShawnD2112

Isn't that kinda backward? Flying B-17s to prepare you for Cubs? ;-)

Nice story. Glad to hear you got such a great experience of an interesting
person and an interesting airplane.

Shawn
"Dale" wrote in message
[...]

What's Wrong with Economics and how can it be Fixed What's Wrong with Economics and how can it be Fixe Military Aviation 3 August 21st 04 12:40 AM
Hiroshima/Nagasaki vs conventional B-17 bombing zxcv Military Aviation 55 April 4th 04 07:05 AM
the complete minute by minute timeline on 911 Krztalizer Military Aviation 27 January 27th 04 04:35 PM
Happy Fourth, Folks! MLenoch Piloting 10 July 14th 03 08:09 PM
The Tail Gunner Said It: 'I Love Them People' Otis Willie Military Aviation 1 July 7th 03 11:37 PM