Cambridge 302A Data integrity.

Old June 3rd 07, 09:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob

Default Cambridge 302A Data integrity.

Hi,

I have just received my 302A back from a barograph calibration and now
the flight logs that I download returns an error message 'Security
Fail'. It still gives me an igc file that I can up load to OLC but the
flight remains greyed out with a message that the 'log file not
valid' . I have messed with the turnpoint database since it came back
from R Track so I am not sure what it might be.

Any ideas?

Bob

7U

Old June 3rd 07, 10:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Marc Ramsey[_2_]

Bob wrote:
Hi,

I have just received my 302A back from a barograph calibration and now
the flight logs that I download returns an error message 'Security
Fail'. It still gives me an igc file that I can up load to OLC but the
flight remains greyed out with a message that the 'log file not
valid' . I have messed with the turnpoint database since it came back
from R Track so I am not sure what it might be.

Any ideas?

Yes, your 302A is no longer electronically sealed. It needs to go back
to Cambridge or their local agent to be resealed.

Marc
Old June 4th 07, 08:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Jun 3, 2:48 pm, Bob wrote:
Hi,

I have just received my 302A back from a barograph calibration and now
the flight logs that I download returns an error message 'Security
Fail'. It still gives me an igc file that I can up load to OLC but the
flight remains greyed out with a message that the 'log file not
valid' . I have messed with the turnpoint database since it came back
from R Track so I am not sure what it might be.

Any ideas?

Bob

7U

My mdoel 20 gps/logger was just recently returned to Cambridge for
repair because I was getting the security failure. The files now
should as security when viewed with the Cambridge utility but OLC
still shows them as invalid.

Old June 6th 07, 02:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Jun 6, 5:19 am, David Kinsell wrote:
wrote:
On Jun 3, 2:48 pm, Bob wrote:
Hi,

I have just received my 302A back from a barograph calibration and now
the flight logs that I download returns an error message 'Security
Fail'. It still gives me an igc file that I can up load to OLC but the
flight remains greyed out with a message that the 'log file not
valid' . I have messed with the turnpoint database since it came back
from R Track so I am not sure what it might be.

Any ideas?

Bob

7U

My mdoel 20 gps/logger was just recently returned to Cambridge for
repair because I was getting the security failure. The files now
should as security when viewed with the Cambridge utility but OLC
still shows them as invalid.

That would be a different problem.

Looking at your file posted on OLC, it appears to be just a normal
.igc file, rather than the munged-up abomination required by OLC
when using a model 10, 20, or 25. You need to use a utility that
combines the .cai and the .igc into another file called .igc.
Here's a link: http://www.abqsoaring.org/misc_files/CAI_fix.htm
The flight analysis software packages can also do it automatically,
sometimes with patches required.

-Dave- Hide quoted text -

Thanks Dave!

FOR SALE: Cambridge 302A ContestID67 Soaring 2 March 17th 07 11:21 PM
For Sale: Used Cambridge 302A Paul Remde Soaring 1 October 8th 05 03:37 AM
cambridge 302a Nicola Botta Soaring 2 January 25th 05 11:17 PM
Commercial - Updated Cambridge 302A Paul Remde Soaring 2 December 16th 04 07:35 PM
For Sale - Demo Cambridge 302 and 302A Paul Remde Soaring 1 November 20th 04 09:41 PM