Sport Pilot ever going to happen?

Old March 30th 04, 04:14 PM
Richard Lamb

Richard Carlisle wrote:

haven't (e.g. legal drugs). In theory, as your wages are being
reduced, so are the costs of the things you have to buy. Your
neighbors make less money too, so when you go compete to buy that

In theory, theory and practice ar eabout the same.
In practice, they are often quite different.
Old March 31st 04, 06:23 AM
pacplyer

To find out what an H-1B is and how Congress is using
them to put Americans out of work, visit the following
web site and click on the "Exporting America" CNN news
video: http://zazona.com/ShameH1B/MediaClips.htm

Funny you mentioned Bank of America.
I've been closing down my BoA accounts.
All credit cards are paid off and I'm closing out once
my pension check starts showing up in my credit union account.

It's not a political move, or in reponse to the Indian situation.

It's just because their services have become so expensive.

Hmmm - go figure. Move the jobs out to save costs and raise
prices for the customers.

Richard

Yeah Richard, I've been with them forever and it's the last straw.
They keep sneaking charges into everything. And since I'm into a
rebelious mood I just sent Ralph Nader 100 bucks. He has no chance of
winning, but he gave such a scathing diatribe on C-Span the other day
inditing corporate americas CEO's for misdeeds like shipping our jobs
overseas that I think his noise will change the issues some if he
keeps at it.

pacman
Old March 31st 04, 07:59 AM
Richard Lamb

pacplyer wrote:

[...]

Far out!

Money is always an issue, as well as the root of all evil.

But it's how they keep score, so sending money counts.
Old March 31st 04, 01:19 PM

(pacplyer) wrote:

Yeah Richard, I've been with them forever and it's the last straw.
They keep sneaking charges into everything. And since I'm into a
rebelious mood I just sent Ralph Nader 100 bucks. He has no chance of
winning, but he gave such a scathing diatribe on C-Span the other day
inditing corporate americas CEO's for misdeeds like shipping our jobs
overseas that I think his noise will change the issues some if he
keeps at it.

pacman

Ralph would really make a good president, however, if you vote for
him, you'll be inadvertantly voting for Bush. A vote for anyone
except Kerry is a vote for Bush. I like Ralph much better than all
the rest, but I'm voting for Kerry because he is the candidate with
the best chance of beating "Geroge Offshoring-Helps-America Bush". In
many states, only Republicans and Democrats will be on the ballot. So
in those states, it is virtually impossible for an independant to get
that state's electoral votes. In fact, I don't recall any independant
EVER walking away with any state's electoral votes.

Dennis H.

Dennis Hawkins
n4mwd AT amsat DOT org (humans know what to do)

"A RECESSION is when you know somebody who is out of work.
A DEPRESSION is when YOU are out of work.
A RECOVERY is when all the H-1B's are out of work."

Old March 31st 04, 07:10 PM
Jay

Richard Carlisle wrote in message
You're kidding again right? Have you bought gas, steel, lumber, etc.
lately? Cost of "things we buy" are most certainly not going down. The
price of steel has doubled as of 6 months ago and they are predicting
another increase. Aluminum prices are doing the same and gas prices are
expected to top 2.50 this summer. While all of this is happening, people
are still losing jobs to outsourcing and H1B imports.

Items that have a high raw material content (like raw materials)
aren't reduced in cost by cheaper labor. As the value of the dollar
reduces, the price we pay in the world market (in dollars) goes up
(except oil which, for now, is still priced in dollars). Now look at
manufactured goods, you'd have to admit, the Walmart effect is very
strong. You can go to Walmart and buy a Chinese toaster for $7.99,
its a throw away item. In the old days, a toaster was considered an
electrical appliance, and cost a lot more (adjusted for inflation).
Or look at machine tools, you can get these things for nothing these
days. This stuff used to be harder to make and we added the value to
the raw materials here in the USA and sold them to the world and added
wealth to our middle class. Now every country can make that low tech
stuff, we sold them the technology and first gen tools, and its way
cheaper to the consumer.

Now look at the price of the things you spend most of your income on-
real estate. Where I live, the price of the land is several times the
price of the structure. The price of that land is set completely by
what other people in my village are willing to pay for that plot. If
everybody takes a 20% pay cut (which seems like everybody I know has),
the high prices cannot be sustained. As a transient effect, the feds
can juice the economy by flooding it with cheap money (low interest
rates). But eventually, when people have borrowed all the equity in
there inflated house value and gave it to foreign manufacturers, the
spigot stops.

When was the last time you saw the cost of a product or service go down just
because the initial cost for the producing company went down. It doesn't
happen very often. Generally, as the cost to produce goes down the price
either stays the same or goes up and the quality of the product or service
goes down. I can see this pattern in just about everything I buy. The
reason they outsource is to increase the bottom line. Reducing prices
defeats that.

In addition to the stuff mentioned ealier, look at the price of
communications. I pay 4 cents a minute anywhere in the US (Pioneer)
with no miniumum or monthly charge. Someone calling "Long Distance"
used to mean something special because it was so expensive.

I doubt you'll find many executives sitting around the boardroom trying to
figure out how they can sell their products cheaper.

Nope. But you will get a lot of those types saying "Our competitors
are beating us on price, what can we do to reduce our selling price
but still maintain our margin?" You see companies that used to be
manufacturers that now just market their old brand name on an imported
product. Its a short term benefit because eventually people will just
buy the manufacturers brand directly when they realize all they bought
with the American brand was a label.

Ross

Regards

p.s. And the guy that said we're normalizing with the rest of the
world would seem to be correct. Your average Joe in the US is doing
down. The average Joe in China is coming up. And, in the short term,
corporations in the US are making lots of $.
Old April 1st 04, 01:31 PM
Skyking

IT PASSED!!!!! APRIL FOOL's!!!
"Gilan" wrote in message
.net...

Only 24 days, 1 hours, 56 minutes, and 59 seconds left until Sun n Fun
I wonder if Sport Pilot will ever come out???

--
You may be an Ultralighter if........
http://www.flyinggators.com/news/Bill%20Cook/Bill.htm

--
Have a good day and stay out of the trees!
See ya on Sport Aircraft group

Old April 2nd 04, 01:50 PM

Jerry Springer wrote:

Oh you mean Kerry/Hinze 57 offshore business' Yes right he calls off shore
business traitors at the same time his wifes is associated with 57 of them.

That wouldn't surprise me. However, I say again, we must vote
strategically and not simply for the best guy. I'm voting for Kerry,
not because I think he would make a good president, but because he is
the only candidate capable of overthrowing the Bush dynasty. If Ralph
had half a chance, I would vote for him.

Ralph made a serious mistake coming into the race so late and also
running as an Independant. If he were to run as a democrat, he would
have a much better chance.

Old April 3rd 04, 09:38 AM
pacplyer

wrote in message ...
Jerry Springer wrote:

Oh you mean Kerry/Hinze 57 offshore business' Yes right he calls off shore
business traitors at the same time his wifes is associated with 57 of them.

That wouldn't surprise me. However, I say again, we must vote
strategically and not simply for the best guy. I'm voting for Kerry,
not because I think he would make a good president, but because he is
the only candidate capable of overthrowing the Bush dynasty. If Ralph
had half a chance, I would vote for him.

Ralph made a serious mistake coming into the race so late and also
running as an Independant. If he were to run as a democrat, he would
have a much better chance.

Dennis H.

**** Dennis. I hate it when you're right. I had planned to vote for
old horse-face just to get even at Shrub for screwing over labor, then
I changed my mind after reading
www.votenader.org Now... O.K.
I'll vote for Kerry. But I think I'll need to take a shower after I
do it.

As for the rest of those backstabbers: I'm going to vote against all
the incombants just to get even with them. We lost our manufacturing
economy and now we retrained ourselves to mesh into a service economy.
Now the traitors (current congress and current admin) are selling out
our service jobs to Bombay! (and bad news for me, they just passed
Cabatoge: foreign cargo pilots working for squat to fly between Alaska
and the U.S.)

Let's get em!

pacplyer - out